ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a Caterham to review the other day.....

Elise/VX220/R26
Wowzers these things are a bit hardcore aren't they? Even as a veteran driver of the already pretty uncompromising VX220 I found the experience a real eye opener. Unassisted brakes are definitely the way forward they were superb when up to temperature. 6 gears, 550 KGs and 150 BHP felt like a very rounded package.

Heres a pic of the little beast

IMG_6009.jpg

Some of you may know I set up this new site www.lovepetrol.com this is how I came to be able to borrow the car. The full review is in this link:

http://www.lovepetrol.com/content.php?209-Roadtest-Caterham-Roadsport-SV

Great ride though and it was surprisingly cheap to do!

they're silly money for what's involved:dapprove:

this is all i'd want in a fun car - think they're lovely

Elise/VX220/R26
The one I drove was 24k new I believe. TBH I don't think you'd get much change from 16k now and its 5 years old. They hold value incredibly well for such a niche car.

Elise/VX220/R26
they're silly money for what's involved:dapprove:

I'm inclined to agree to a degree. They are essentially just a rover K series with a steering wheel and a bendy chassis attached. Cant argue with the depreciation though. Probably makes more financial sense to buy a Caterham than to build a kit car yourself.

i'd rather a used factory car than a kit, although would want to use it alot and assume the miles would knock resale badly. it is surprising, how well they hold their value

think it's a Roadsport SV150; the R300's more track-orientated; less in it

doesn't 'SV' denote fat-arsed seats?!

anyway, "one day!"

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i'd love a go in one of them! may get myself on one of them days i think.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
THey're awesome fun arnt they :) My mate just got his on the road this weekend so we've spent all weekend blasting round in it, thats a 130bhp pinto though.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
awsome i think ive just found what i want for my birthday. what better way to spend the day than blasting around the local countryside in a caterham

Titanium 182
I drove an R500 a while back, their acceleration is just phenomenal! Definitely one to add to my fantasy three car garage!

This one looks lovely, too! :)