ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had a bump

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
had a bump last night, again i am sooooo unlucky, i was goin on to asda Slowly in the rain when the car just understeered into the curb at no more than 10 or 15 mph but managed to destroy an alloy wheel ruin a wishbone and bend my subframe so now i have pulled a sicky to get a day off work to try an source parts

really dont want to get the bus to work

gutted
jamie

Okay, before I give you any sympathy, how about some honesty?

Understeer at 15mph and you managed to bend the subframe?

How about..

Jamie who tells bad lies said:
It was pissing it down with rain. Rushing to get to the shops so I could get home in time for Emmerdale and I pushed it a bit too much. Fucked up and crashed it. Done a fair bit of damage, so taken today off to try and get as much sorted as I can.

I don't want to get the bus.

Gutted.

Jamie

People will probably call you a clown for being crashing and driving like a muppet, but nobody believes your original version anyway.

How about..

People will probably call you a clown for being crashing and driving like a muppet, but nobody believes your original version anyway.

I was much more subtle with my approach ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Which bit of asda mate? Near the petrol bit or near the Burger King bit?

I'd check your tyre depth as I went through both bits yesterday about 6 o'clock in the pissing rain at more than 15 mph and I didn't see any problem.

Gutting anyway.

BG 182

How about..
Originally Posted by Jamie who tells bad lies
It was pissing it down with rain. Rushing to get to the shops so I could get home in time for Emmerdale and I pushed it a bit too much. f**ked up and crashed it. Done a fair bit of damage, so taken today off to try and get as much sorted as I can.

I just spat tea all over my keyboard, just lolz....:star:

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Firstly, understeer at 15mph, lol

Secondly, you destroyed an alloy and damaged your subframe, not possible at that speed mate, tell us the truth.

Why do people post story's like this, they must know they won't get any sympathy . . .

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
listen people i dont lie, infact i hate liers if you dont want to belive me dont, yes my tyres are s**t and it was leathering down but with NO throttle in 2nd gear i was not doing more than 15mph with my girlfriend in the car and another passenger i was not acting like an idiot ( i learned my lesson after the first time lol )

and it was at the burger king side

also lol at the getting home for emmerdale

jamie

Titanium 182
Its possible to understeer at 15mph if there is something on the road. There was moss in an old car park when I was at college...

We used to have fun :eek:

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Something on the road would mean OTHER people would of crashed as well.
Plus "destroy an alloy wheel at 10-15mph" what’s it made of GLASS?

Fiesta ST-2
I went over a round about once (omg!) at 15-20mph when it was raining 2nd gear little acceleration and the back end just went out I ended up facing the roundabout lol luckily because I was going so slow I didnt hit anything must have been something on the road.

R27, Deep Black
Dude, seriously no chance.

I was at accident once, pulled out a junction at like 15mph as you said and a car hit my front quarter pannel (she had came from a junction accross the road. Still my fault though) and i got mounted off the road onto the grass verge because she hit me at roughly 30mph and the only damage i had from hitting the verge was a scuffed alloy.

Obviously i smashed the quarter pannel and headlight from where the women hit me :'(

But learnt me a lesson.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you have s**t tyres I believe the crashing bit, i've had some that bad.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
The asda carpark round here is pretty slippy! In the rain its a nightmare, cant drive through without spinning the wheels, still not bad enough to crash though!

get the tyres replaced!

I can't understand people who buy budget tyres... they're the only part of the car I don't hesitate spending out to get the best I can!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
im not looking for pitty, i just thaught i would share since i am a member.

when i got them i thaught yokos where good but there crap and have hardly any tread on them "my bad" ( currently on a mechanical engineering apprenticeship and a crap salary so sorry i cant afford mint tyres)

also anyone who says it is impossible, are you just trying to be daft lol seen as i have told you it has happend

my car is crap, my tyres are crap and it was raining badly BELIVE me it is possible lol

jamie

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Until recently ive been on an electrical apprenticeship also on a crap salary however ive never scrimped on tyres and brakes as tyres are the only 4 things keeping you on the road...or not on the road in your case and im sure i dont need to justify the reason for brakes.

RB 182 cup
feel bad for u mate, i did the same thing in my old 172 earlier in the year in the snow. and i could have been going more than 15mph. bent the subframe on mine was gutted.

Until recently ive been on an electrical apprenticeship also on a crap salary however ive never scrimped on tyres and brakes as tyres are the only 4 things keeping you on the road...or not on the road in your case and im sure i dont need to justify the reason for brakes.

It's falling on deaf ears mate... I've tried.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
got a subframe with both wishbones and steering rack for £46 and now im back on the road

currently bidding on an OZ f1 aswell

and i can hear so i am looking for 4 new tyres aswell and since your the experts what do you recomend

jamie

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Bad luck mate.

A bit of sceptacism is only natural and healthy but constantly doubting ppl is not right either. Sometimes ppl lie, sometimes they tell the truth - finding the balance on judgement is sometimes needed.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv done this before i hit a kerb about the same speed but on ice took a chunk outa ma alloy and buckled it, bent wishbone, bent subframe slightly, and bent the drumstick on the steering rack! Bad Times...

Unluckly Mate :(

Edit: With mine being on ice and going down a slight hill i prob picked up a little speed before i hit the kurb

I still have the alloy too ^_^

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
That is "sooooo unlucky" if that's true. You'd be even unluckier if you lost your job for taking a sickie and your girlfriend dumped you for crashing, so could be worse lol

Tyres are so important, can't understand how they're so overlooked. It's the only bit in contact with the road. Get em done pronto.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
That is "sooooo unlucky" if that's true. You'd be even unluckier if you lost your job for taking a sickie and your girlfriend dumped you for crashing, so could be worse lol

Tyres are so important, can't understand how they're so overlooked. It's the only bit in contact with the road. Get em done pronto.

lmao true true soon as i find a fourth alloy and spray em black there geting 4 new tyres but im undecided on which ones yet

there are some cheap oyo proxies and nankangs on ebay

jamie

Does your car have piranhas (paradas=killer) on?
I could believe it if you had them on. Any standing water and they are fooking shite. The reason your bottom arms etc got bent is because its french and its made of cheese.

ibiza cupra
quite easy to bend them bits i think. you just have to hit them in the right position but like said its all made from stilton. i spun out on an island doing about 15 - 20 in the rain and caught the back passenger wheel on the kirb. took a big chunk out of my wheel, bent the stub axel and popped the passenger airbag as well as setting off all the pre tensioners. was great fun getting it all sorted let me tell you.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I did a welsh mountains run, in the rain with Yoko Parada's and over the course of about 8 hours I think I understeered once. And I was driving like a tit.

May I suggest some advanced driving lessons. (I'm being serious btw)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
you get different spec parada's they are different tyres, i used to run barum bravarus tyres on my old 1.2 they were brilliant, just as good as the contis imo, really good in the wet. best bit was they were very reasonably priced and gave pretty good mileage (got about 16-17k out the front set and they were driven hard)

I can make my car understeer at about 15-20 mph in the wet, as my admirals are shoit (they came on the wheels) in the wet it squirms round "slow" corners, if you put the power down, or torque down too soon they just break traction and the wheels spin up, esp flashes mentally and doesnt even try to assist just lets them spin.

TT 225+
i hit a kerb at about 30 when adjusting my stereo:eek: and i only scuffed my wheel. yours must be made out of cast iron iirc.

bmw e92 330d '09
yh i believe you kid i had budget tyres on my car when i bought it and they would understeer every-fekin-where and like the other lads b4 me said i manged to do a perfect 180 degree turn on a roundabout back-end just let go and i was sideays b4 i could put any opposite lock on luckily i never hit anything and then i finished up facing this mint girl in a blue corsa she loved it but i was less than impressed i can tell you...

so although alot of people on here dont believe you i'll stand up and say i do believe
you kid as i kind-of no what you've done it's horrible because you just have to ride it out ive had enough of understeer and now buy good rubber

tyre recommendation from me is continental conti sport but beware these are like £80+ a corner so look after them mate...

hope you get it fully sorted soon

James x

Last edited: