ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R's to AST's ..

I did the swap today, unfortunatly have very little pictures.

Bit of a review, went down to Curtis at powerstation this morning in the freeezing cold, greeted by a hot chocolate and toca race car on a old school PS1. After discussing setup and what to go for he was off to work..

Had a good look around the workshop which included a M3 GTR and Ian Litchfield turned up in a brand new skyline GTR so we had a good nose around that :)

The suspension its self is amazing, i cant get over how good the turn in is and how progressive the oversteer is, aswell as the fact of there being NO understeer at all, its totally transformed my car. Had a full Geo setup too and slight toe out to improve turn in. As you can see its very low now but due to the coilover units this in no way affects performance and i still have 20mm rake even with the back as low as it is, quite scary it has another 40mm of adjustment left and my car is stripped of quite a bit of weight.

Anyway a few pictures as ive changed my bootlid today so didnt get any of it clean but will post some up shortly.

Anyone looking to make the switch, i strongly reconmend the ASTs and powerstation :)

06122008501.jpg

06122008505.jpg

06122008512.jpg

Only pictures i have until tomorrow! :cool:

280lb front 250lb rear, currently set to 5 clicks front and 3 rear, pretty happy as it is feels awesome on the road but ill no doubt have a play :D

PH1 iceburg
Do you get much rubbage? Had my coilies fitted today and if they where too low at the front they would scrub the front.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
280lb front 250lb rear, currently set to 5 clicks front and 3 rear, pretty happy as it is feels awesome on the road but ill no doubt have a play :D

:D pleased you got it sorted now think how the 750s we have feel :p

No, no rubbing, but that could be due to the fact i did some mods to the liners and bumper brackets when i fitted the H&rs :)

Track valver + Ibiza FR
I can't believe it's that low and it doesn't rub. Very nice!!! How much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
H&R's arn't all that great. Impressed with what i've seen of the AST's! Bloody hard tho!

Well i did about 2000 miles with the H&Rs and i cant believe the difference, it feels so stable and neutral, had a lovely play with a trophy tonight too ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
i love these. glad you god it all sorted bud :)

is it really work the extra dollar though just for road use?

RS RIP
looks awesome !
really low though, what happens when you hit a pothole or something ; not really clearance left to absorb..

i would raise it a little. althoughthis does look the nuts

172 Race Car
Told you they were a million miles better than the (overhyped by cs) H&R's.

Shame you went for the 'Girly' spring option ;)

ill take some better pictures today but there is alot of length left for damping.remember they arnt setup like the usual clio suspension..

About 70mm rear 70mm front from standard setup, roughly.

Going to go wash it in a minute and ill wack up some better pictures

Black Gold Trophy
looks awesome! I'd love to slam my clio but I'd lose my splitter on all the gash speedbumps round my area! (What the f*ck is wrong with the f*cking transport minister?)

What's the ride quality like over britains 'lower quality' roads?

Ride is really good, the car doesnt skip on B roads either, still very useable on all sort of roads from the few hundred miles ive done so far anyway :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't know you were getting these fitted today!! Sounds good, altho its way too low at the back IMO :( Looked spot on how you had it before!