ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R's all the way down at back

how to get H&R's sit all the way down at back.
they are wound down on max, but there is still some space left (1/4 inch)

please advise

clio 200 F4Rt
how are they adjustable?

the spring platforms dont have ant adjustment, and the spring dictates the ride height.

clio 200 F4Rt
sorry, dont understand what u mean?

the rear beam has, or the platform for the spring actually on the car (where top of sporing would sit?)

AstraVan Sportive
On Coilovers the Platforms at the bottom of the spring are on a thread and can be twisted to sit higher or lower, therefore changing the car ride height

clio 200 F4Rt
john - i understand that, but thats on the front only. we are talking about the rear. and as i can see the rear prings just sit on the rear beem. there is no adjustment.

can someone point it out to me on this pic......

fmpcliorearbeam1.jpg

You've not fitted the adjustors into the trailing arm part of the beam. The lower spring pad goes in the bin and the adjustor is made up of 3parts. One part screws upwards through the hole, another then screws down onto the protruding thread from above, and the spring then sits ontop of the piece with the long thread on it which screws through the centre of the other two parts..

izibizi said:
It is posible, i have seen pictures.
Might have been Dansta's car.

I will think of something for sure

mine for some reason sits slightly lower than some. Mark (newms) and Chris172cup pointed this out to me. Im not complaining tho.

will find some recent pics...

RS RIP
wow....
finally found out how to get my back end lowered ! :) :)
Loony you're the man ! so removing this adjuster in the beam will lower me just that extra bit so the ugly gap between the wheelarch and tyre is gone ?!

I know, this is an old old thread but the search button is answering my questions more often nowadays :approve:

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Ph1
hmmmmm...interesting
let me know if you do it franx.
how much is your front lowered? i have got some 2cm more to go on front, back is on lowest

RS RIP
hmmmmm...interesting
let me know if you do it franx.
how much is your front lowered? i have got some 2cm more to go on front, back is on lowest

yes it is... when going any lower on the front i'll have a bumper-bracket probably puncturing/blowing my tyre some time in a hrd right curve, also wondering how people get this one out the way. Some people have tried explaining it to me, bending the bracket out the way, but when looking at the thing it just does'nt seem right to do this ??

on the back ; i will be trying to remove one of the parts which will bring me down another 4mm..

anyone driving H&R's with tips?