ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H & R Coilovers

Clio 172mk2

right just been quoted 650+ vat for some h and r coilovers on a clio 172mk2.

is this a good price and it doesnt include fitting.

DC5

I think they usually range from about £650 to £800, but have heard they are meant to be worth it.

Weeman sucks ****

Good price, buy em and you wont regret it. Find someone who knows what theyre doing to fit them to get the camber, tracking etc sorted properly. The best mod by far for these cars imo.

Dogs b****cks, good price too, get them you seriously wont look back, but as Chris says get them set up by a proper motorsport company or someone with a clue and a laser geometry ramp (this does not mean the local kwik fit monkeys!!)

Clio 172mk2

ye he mensioned somet about OPTIFLEXED somet to do with setting them up right he recomended SWILLINGTON AUTOCARE. to fit them

[Edited by biojo on 16 August 2005 at 12:34pm]

Clio 172mk2

ok been quoted 180 for fitting and thats with them been aligned (optiflexed)

or i can fit em my self and pay 55 for this optiflex aligning

Clio 172mk2

thats what i thought only 3 bolts in each front and prolly same on rear, dont mind paying the 55 for them aligning proporly.

i just want to know if theres any one that can supply for less than 763.75 inc delivery unless there within driving distance of leeds 40mile or somet

thanks for replies so far

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 16 August 2005
fit them yourself! not worth the extra £125 for fitting, such an easy job.

If you have air line its easy otherwise youll get through allen keys like sweets.

Whether you fit them yourself or not, make sure you get the (obviously) tracking sorted after about 200-300 miles and as importnantly get the camber setup equally. You might be lucky like I was when Smokey fitted mine that he got the camber more or less equal each side. Plus, when they sort the camber out you can get them to put more negative on which I recommend, mines on about 2 degrees which does follow the road but improves turn-in quite a bit.

Mine came back a different car the other week, well chuffed.

Clio 172mk2

ye kinda abused garage other week lending air gun for tops and there compression springs since i had to put the old standards back on