ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

h and r coilovers

Megane Trophy, Golf
can someone tell me what advntages these can make to performance? and what the hell they are! cheers guys.

RS Clio 200
coilovers are exactly what they say/

The coil, or spring, sits over the shock. ALthogh to be honest all cars have them as stock now. on the front at least.

As for what they offer in performance, with a good setup your gonna get a more solid, less roll ride, and id imagine better zip into corners...

although you might wanna ask someone who has them... mine are going on this week,

Megane Trophy, Golf
nice one guys, i thought they were something completely different! what would you guys suggest to add performance to the engine within reason, done panel filter so far. cheers!

Lionel Richie
unless you have a decent chunk of cash (cira £1700+ for decent gains) to throw at the engine i wouldn't bother doing anything serious

good exhaust system (yes GOOD as in not shite) with a decat, possible ECU upgrade and thats about it

if you have the cash then cams are the next step

SLK 350
Asking Fred that is dangerous, he's going to come back with a £500+ system for you, but it will rock ;)

You might also want to look into manifold/plenham matching too mate, with a custom remap and a decent zorst you'll be looking at a healthy amount of bang per buck for this type of car.

Unfortunately though, £1,000 on an NA car (172/182/197/CTR) is going to equate to 10-20bhp at best, on a turbo (pulsar, scooby, tt engine) you'll be looking at circa 50bhp+

But generally speaking - SS exhaust (mine dropped off at 50k), remap, manifold, coilovers, decat are judged to be the performance leading mods in terms of price.

Speak to the fred and andrew at Yozzasport, they'll supply you with all the parts you need :)

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
how much are h and r ones and whos cheapest

how much do places normally charge to set them up and once they are set up do they stay set up

SLK 350
Looking at £700-£750 mate, and further more £80-£120 for laser alignment and camber adjustment (you will need additional camber bolts @ £40 because they default to -1.5 neg i think, if you wish to alter camber).

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
cheers mate

once set up do thay stay that way or afer a while does the camber move at all

i just dont want to put them on and then get through tyres