ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GUTTED!!!

Crappy work hire car
I'm absolutely gutted (as the title suggests) - my stealer just rang to say the gorgeous 197 I thought I'd be picking up this weekend isn't suitable for sale! Obviously I was like "what the hell do you mean"...

I went and test drove and put a deposit down on it about 1.5 weeks ago and there were a few niggles as you'd expect. I hoped I'd pick it up last weekend, but they rang and gave an excuse and said that it would be ready mid-week. As it's so far I told them I wouldn't be able to collect it until this weekend.

Now they've called and explained that the reason they delayed is there's a serious fault - their mechanic has found a crack in the engine somewhere and they've had to speak to Renault about it as it's so unusual (sorry I know nothing about engines) and that it isn't suitable for sale. The dealer (Joe) said they planned to have it repaired and I could wait but he didn't say how long for, and tbh I thought no way, there're plenty of others out there and ones that haven't had 'serious' faults! He's transferring my deposit back and cancelling my finance application :(

Soooo.... I'm gutted. And need to find a new car. Again.

Anyone got any idea what could make them react like this? I'd be interested to know.

PS 200
Mr Cynical in me would say they've found someone willing to pay more.

Plausible enough reasons given I suppose.

Plenty cars out there for sale - sure you'll find another one soon enough :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It wasnt a racing blue R27 in Evans halshaw sunderland by any chance?

did it have service history?? :cool:

S

Crappy work hire car
It wasnt a racing blue R27 in Evans halshaw sunderland by any chance?

did it have service history?? :cool:

S

Lol nope

It could be dodgy, or he could be honest - I did tell him I was a solicitor for my finance app, maybe he was watching his back? Lol OK I'm being cynical.

Anyhoo, plenty more - in fact I've found 3 already

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I once cancelled a deal because the 400 mile old Laguna I was selling had about 400kg's of filler in the sills!

My manager offered me outside for a fight if I cancelled it! lol. But I cancelled it anyway, no way I was selling that piece of s**t!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As long as its not Racing Blue. Racing Blue 197's look pants.

R27
Good look finding one, shouldn't take long as there's plenty of nice examples out there if your prepared to travel

Crappy work hire car
Thanks Mark, I'll travel up to 200 miles for one if I have to so should be OK

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
If they said it was a craked engine block and it was goint to be fixed, I'd have held on to it. Would be more than likely it gets a brand new engine.

Better than yours. C*nt.
WTF not?! Hai, brand new engine, run it in nicely. As opposed to some clownshoe that thought he was a hero as he left the car park on the limiter.

Crappy work hire car
Yeah, I'll look for another one. I'm not buying one that's done more than 20k miles, I just want it nicely run in, plus can't justify spending enough to get one that's done less than that! Lol
Found a few I'm going to go look at this weekend, so hopefully I'll have one soon...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good luck mate, better finding out now tho.

Try for an r27 if you can better re-sale aswell. Or a 197 with recaros if you can.

Always a hassle trying to get the right car mate.

Crappy work hire car
I'd love the recaro's, but I really want digital climate control and can't seem to find both within my price range! Lol
I'll just buy and fit some secondhand recaros later when I've saved up some moula

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Hi mate, gutted for you. If you looking around in harratts wakey, they have an albi blue one with cup pack, recaro's, xenons, climate. I took it out for a test drive the other week mate and its spot on, think I got them down to £12,600 for it, they wanted to £13,995 when I got there which is just plain stupid. If you do go in there look for Jamie, he's dead sound and let me test drive and hammer pretty much any car I wanted lol :D They also had about 6/7 197's in all different specs and prices which werent all on the Auto Trader.

Best of look :)

Crappy work hire car
Nice one, the link I posted above was for them and I'm going to go test drive it this weekend! They only have 3 197's on their website though

LY 200
Hi mate, gutted for you. If you looking around in harratts wakey, they have an albi blue one with cup pack, recaro's, xenons, climate. I took it out for a test drive the other week mate and its spot on, think I got them down to £12,600 for it, they wanted to £13,995 when I got there which is just plain stupid. If you do go in there look for Jamie, he's dead sound and let me test drive and hammer pretty much any car I wanted lol :D They also had about 6/7 197's in all different specs and prices which werent all on the Auto Trader.

Best of look :)

I think I saw you, I was in the LY 200

As I drove into the dealers you were just getting out of the car. Was it you?

nimbus r27
at least he was honest dude and now you can look for a better one!!
hopefully you will have it one before the meet thp as u will be the first 197 thats come to one lol!
good luck dude!

320d
I know exactly how you feel mate. Same happened to me with my first car. Its gutting when your excited waiting to get it then get let down. Mine had HG gone, crack in the head, needed belts & water pump.

Hopefully something better will come along. In my case I got a car 4 years newer for only £500 more so hopefully you will have the same luck.

Hyundai i40
good luck in your search

shame the 1st one fell through

But sometimes good things just dont work out and u will find something better comes along

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Nice one, the link I posted above was for them and I'm going to go test drive it this weekend! They only have 3 197's on their website though

yeah it did when I went mate, think when I was there they had 2 nimbus, 1 red, 2 albi (one cup packed etc.) and a black standard one aswell. but they only had 2/3 of them on the site. they have a 250meg, 200clio 133twingo and some twingo's on the forecourt if your that way inclined.. but for me it would be the 197 all the way :D. Like I said jamie's a nice fella had a good laugh with him, and if Id not seen the one I have now he would have probably had my money on one of the ones they had in there :) Harratts have more than one site too, so might be worth asking if your looking for something specific, they may have it on another forecourt matey. Also heard The Car People in sheffield are getting one in aswell if your in the area..