ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted, drives side rear quarter panel.....

Titanium 182 full fa
After posting yesterday about OCW wax and how good it made my car look, parked outside work today and some idiot of a lorry driver has put a 8" gauge in the side of my car....im well cheesed of havin only done 4500 miles in it.....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
difficult area to remove dents from as well, doubt it can be removed with bodyshop work.

Titanium 182 full fa
they said they will have to use filler(yuk) and smooth it over and i wouldnt no it was there(yeh rite), but i want a new quarter panel put in, didnt like the look on his face when i said that!!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
quite right saying you want a new one put on, but its a hell of a big job.....

basically talking the skin needs taking off from the flloor round the wheel arch, up the tailgate across to the drivers door and back down to the floor again, all the welds will need to be ground off which is a job in itself to be done without damaging anything else. then a new skin will have to be welded on and sprayed. the roof panel and inside the tailgate will probably also have to be painted again as they will get discoloured from the weld.

really big job!

Megane 225 Cup
However, its not your problem, get renault to do it, they will get it right. Its the person who hits its fault, make sure it looks as good as it did when it was new. dont accept anything less.