ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guide on how to remove inlets?

Hi guys,
Going to give it a go and remove my inlets this weekend, ive looked at a few guides on here but the majority of pictures have been removed or deleted, if anyone could re up them or have a guide on how to do it it would be a massive help

Thanks in advance

Golf GTD Mk7
There are a few. Search under plenum and you should find it. Only thing the miss out is the bolt at the side of the engine which you need to jack the engine up to get at (lower inlet that is) top one is easy

There are a few. Search under plenum and you should find it. Only thing the miss out is the bolt at the side of the engine which you need to jack the engine up to get at (lower inlet that is) top one is easy

Yeah theres 2 guides but majority of pics removed, so i need to jack the engine up to get at the fiddly bolt? dont know if i can do that lol

Clio 182
plenumexplained-1.jpg

You wont need to lift the engine if its a non-aircon cup you have

Yeah its a non air con, its just the bottom inlet i dont know how to take off, theres no pics or guides to remove it, im also going to use the original inlets if i can, will these break when taking them off?

when you say 'break', do you mean the gaskets? you should really renew the gaskets but might get away with it. for the sakes of finding an airleak and having to take it all off again, i'd just renew them

all you really need do is have a good look around the casting to make sure everything's undone/disconnected. there's one hidden on the left end of the block/head that's a bit of a pain to get at

brush the top of the lower inlet before you remove it as well, otherwise all the muck that's accumulated there will fall into the ports as you pull the lower off

ed. and you can lube the injector seals with WD before pulling the fuel rail off, to help them out without tearing (they should be reusable if they've not torn)

when you say 'break', do you mean the gaskets? you should really renew the gaskets but might get away with it. for the sakes of finding an airleak and having to take it all off again, i'd just renew them

all you really need do is have a good look around the casting to make sure everything's undone/disconnected. there's one hidden on the left end of the block/head that's a bit of a pain to get at

brush the top of the lower inlet before you remove it as well, otherwise all the muck that's accumulated there will fall into the ports as you pull the lower off

ed. and you can lube the injector seals with WD before pulling the fuel rail off, to help them out without tearing (they should be reusable if they've not torn)

Break in gaskets yeah, it will be only for a week or so as my originals are been sent away to be matched and im getting a new set of gaskets supplied then, injector seals and WD, this is not looking an easy job now lol no good with engines as you can tell :eek:

you'll be alright - just need to take it steady and in steps. it's important to keep everything as clean as poss, especially re. debris in the ports

they should clean the inlets out after they've been machined, but make sure you've no swarf/etc in there before putting them back on

Do the bottom inlets just pull off? theres a guide to remove the top inlet but theres none for the bottom, i just need to know what bolts to undo to take the bottom one off

it does just pull off once you've removed the fuel rail and all of the bolts. the only one that's difficult to spot/get at is this one in its left end