ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR Modding time

MY10 R35 GTR
few parcels from Litchfield arrived this morining.

null_zps7f777e52.jpg

null_zpsc70a5f5c.jpg

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I remember on TopGear something along the lines of the alloys on a GTR being designed with a special rim to hold the tyre on during hard cornering. Is that not a concern with the new alloys or do you not intend to track it etc?

MY10 R35 GTR
Im going to track it yes. I havent just gone a bought a random set of alloys and tyres.

The setup Ive bought is the setup that has been used by Litchfields for the past couple of years. The setup Ive bought is what they use on there 800hp development car. They used the ring as there development track.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to track it yes. I havent just gone a bought a random set of alloys and tyres.

The setup Ive bought is the setup that has been used by Litchfields for the past couple of years. The setup Ive bought is what they use on there 800hp development car. They used the ring as there development track.

Fair play mate, I was just curious if the lip Nissan said they had included on the alloy was overkill or not. If it's a tried and tested alloy then you can't say fairer than that :)
They look absolutely awesome.

Z4
Strap on some wings and you have yourself a fighter jet my friend!

These are savage, I like it very much. Too much power for the UK roads to have real fun in IMO but meh, can't criticise a car for being too capable, it's like saying Cherly Cole is too fit as I'd only last 3 minutes in it.

edit - 61 seconds, cos I'm a tryer.

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I saw one of these this morning, quiet a few round here, lovely bits of kit.

Guy in a grey one near Paddock wood trying to hassle a guy on a GXR1000 lol, they're fast but they aint that fast. The guy got mullered & looked surpised?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
These cars are simply amazing. Id pick one of these over many many things.

Some of us can dream.. Lol

MY10 R35 GTR
Yep one of SVM cars.

John Hattons SVM build made 1300hp at the hubs recently.

700hp is what Im aiming for. Might hjave to do it in 2 jumps instead of one

I was out with two this weekend. Both fast but one was running circa 750bhp and went like a stabbed rat.

There was an ongoing joke between then owners that they were tuppaware boxes with a computer in lol! I can see what thy mean tbh, very clinical but very capable.

Love this... Sorry, can't help but picture wh*re:

8689321193_f29f8688fb_z.jpg

Welsh Weekender 2013_33 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

;)

The other thing I can't fathom is the seemingly endless cornering ability. Even with all four wheels spinning they don't slip!

FLOL! Plenty more in the Cliosporticle/ on my flickr.

I was chasing/being chased by them all weekend.

​Bloody fast!

​GTR wouldn't be able to keep up iirc.

Obviously not. In a standard 182 it might be close, but in a Trophy no chance.:rasp:

On topic - Jason, can you hurry up with the wheels. Itching to see them. I'll be following this closely.

MY10 R35 GTR
Did a bit of hunting. The New rims are lighter than the standard ones :)

yep I'm home mate, don't starts new job till July.

I saw that 'GODZILLA' GTR the other day, can't remember where though (Between Bristol > York on Sunday).

Those new wheels are perfect.

LY R26
Love GTRs, had to price up a standard alloy for one at work today £1250 plus vat, ouch!

great pic of the trophy being hunted down!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Love it. I'm not really a fan of the wheels though... I'd keep the RAYS but put an extra set of rears on the front, Mine's style.