ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr

Re: T5MY G's saxo vtr - Recaro pole positions/b8's/carbon/saxsport/stripped!

great project mate. i did a similar thing with my previous saxo didnt go to the the extent in weight saving bet it makes all the difference once it adds up!

cage.jpg

interior-1.jpg

would love to do the same with the clio. maybe when i finish uni....only 3 years time haha
i have both of the seats still packed away need them shifting......

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers mate, i need mine respraying like yours. It makes it look mint. Them seats are gorgous aswell. If i didnt have my recaro's i would of got a set of those. When you finish uni get one ;)

MINI UPDATEE!
The grinded off aftermath from yesterday :A:...
DSC00880.jpg

Made alittle start on the loom again.
Before..
DSC00876.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

After..
DSC00878.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

Ive still got to p-clip the loom to make it tidy but i didnt have any self tapping screws :wall: So it will have to wait till next week. I also got round to weighing the heater box/matrix and it weighed 2.677kg. Every little helps ;)
Im going off to do my suspension bits now so ill update later with the progress.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Nice project.. :)

Am I the only one who thinks maybe should sand the paint off on the mating surface of the steelies as this can cause them to get loose on track?

Rb 182

Looking great mate. Would love to do this agin. But not sure if i want to do it to my 72 or somthing different.

Chav Rocket

Nice project.. :)

Am I the only one who thinks maybe should sand the paint off on the mating surface of the steelies as this can cause them to get loose on track?

yes and in the bolt holes as well. definite must.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers for the comments :)

UPDATEEE!

Right managed to get a lot done with the help of josh again :)!

Soooo, first we did the springs.

Old s**t chopped ones..
DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

And fitted with the new top mount bearings and mounts..
DSC00890.jpg

Old..
DSC00898.jpg

New..
DSC00886.jpg

Old..
DSC00899.jpg

New..
DSC00887.jpg

We then moved onto the droplinks, arb bushes and wishbones.

Before..
DSC00883.jpg

Droplinks old vs new..
DSC00897.jpg

Fitted..
DSC00896.jpg

Arb bushes old vs new..
DSC00895.jpg

Wishbones old vs new..
DSC00885.jpg

Fitted..
DSC00894.jpg

We then got cracking with the track rod ends..

Old..
DSC00901.jpg

New ones Fitted..
DSC00900.jpg

Quick undershot of the car..
DSC00904.jpg

And with the car dropped the torsion bar needs to be raised 30mm to match the front..
DSC00905.jpg

We had an attempt at the torsion bar but the torx bolt holding in the n/s torsion bar on the o/s has seen better days and will 90% round itself off. So I’ve ordered replacement bolts so if they do round we can either smack a flat head onto it or drill it out. But when that bolt comes off I’ve got this juggernaut slide hammer from work which will yank that b**ch straight out..
DSC00906.jpg

I’ve literally just got back from getting the tracking done. Here’s the result.
Before..
tracking10002.jpg

After..
tracking10001.jpg

As you can see on the n/s rear the alignment is off. He reckons it could be a worn bush or a bent stub axle. I can’t really feel it when I’m driving so it doesn't need desperately changing but it will be on the to do list.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

I forgot to order a new dipstick when I did my service so I got a new one from Citroen.

Old..
DSC00908.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

New..
DSC00907.jpg

I gave the front of the interior loom another tidy and its finished at the front now..
DSC00913.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

I arranged with Willsy and Lee_vtr to do my torsion bars. So before I went, I got some better before pics of the ride height after a little clean..
DSC00912.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

Whilst it was getting highered..
DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

And the end product (sorry about dull pics as it was dark and raining outside)
Measured from the front jacking point floor pan to the rear, the rear is 10mm higher for a better turn in.
DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

Massive thanks to willsy & lee. I’m sure i will be using your services again :y:

I'm going to be cracking on with the rest of the loom today and it should be finished. Josh is also going to do my drive shafts hopefully if the weather holds out as they are officially fooked. Ill be getting my work to do my front wheel bearings as we don't have a press. Even thou the drive shafts have gone and are wobbling due to the play in them you can tell instantly the handling has improved massively. I’m hopefully going to the leics meet later on today so if i get any pics from there ill update later on with pics of today’s progress aswell.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

Managed to get both my driveshafts done and its stopped the wheel wobble :y: There was loads of play in both shafts :n:
DSC00923.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

Got my brakes! :) I got Pagid brakes all round as they’ll do the job until they need upgrading sometime next year for track. I got 2 litres of ate dot4 bleed the whole system with and some Cera tec for the pads and pistons. So with josh j on the case it was progress time :)...

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

Started on the rears..
DSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

Then moved onto the fronts..
DSC00945.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

The exhaust heat shield was then removed as it kept fouling the gear throw..
DSC00953.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

Has made a massive difference and the throws are alot better.

I also painted my rear tow eye lime green to continue the theme..
DSC00937.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

How it finished on the Saturday..
DSC00955.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

We then cracked on with flushing/bleeding the system today..
DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

Whilst that was bleeding i got a hacksaw blade and got rid of the fog lamp mounting point on the bumper..
DSC00956.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

And finished with the front steelies on...
DSC00960.jpg

It should hopefully fly through its mot tomorrow :y: It's a completely different car to drive from when i first got it. I’ve ordered some powerflex blackshore 95 wishbone and lower engine mount bushes so ill update when they arrive.

Phase 1 172

im really enjoying reading this project, great work. lots of track boys have opted for the C5 steelies but they do get very hot after abuse on track so expect the paint to bubble up.

i do like where your going with this car, looking forward to more updates ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEE!
I attended the rolling road session with 106 owners on sunday.
I got 100.3 @ the fly so an increase of 2.3 bhp over standard and 132 torque so an increase of 32 torque over standard. Taken into account driver abuse from previous owners (Fact) and age of the engine im quite happy with the result.
rollingroad0001.jpg

th_MOV00974.gif

rollingroad3.jpg

rollingroad4.jpg

rollingroad6.jpg

I also got some powerflex exhaust mounts for the backbox (only one fitted in pic but the others now on)...
DSC00961.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

The play in the n/s rear is getting quite bad now so im going to im axles in melton at the end of the month to get a refurbed axle fitted. There also painting the tube lime green to match the theme lol. Ill also be getting them to fit the rear blackshore bushes so that should make a nice difference. Ill update towards the end of the month when ill have the axle on with the bushes and ill be ordering the other 2 steelies and tyres.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

I got a nice suprise today, the rest of my black shore bushes :)

Lower engine mount..
DSC00990.jpg

Wishbone bushes..
DSC01002.jpg

Rear beam bushes..
DSC00991.jpg

Fabia VRS

Love this saxo! great work

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!!
Right, i had to remove the cage this weekend ready for my refurbed axle swap at im axles next week. What a ball ache it was getting the tack welds off. But we finally got them off. Im going to get the cage bolted in with box sections after the axles been fitted.

Whilst the seats were out i got rid of the footwell sound deadning. I weighed it obviously :p 1.436kg...
DSC01006.jpg

It really needs sanding and spraying though now.

I fitted the powerflex black shore lower engine mount and its made a nice differnce. Vibrates nicley and the gearchanges have improved. Carnt wait to get the vibra tech ones now :)..
Old...
DSC01009.jpg

New...
DSC01008.jpg

I also got round to fitting the other powerflex exhaust mount..
DSC01010.jpg

I will update this coming weekend with my trip to im axles.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Nice update. Finally started removing the dead weight out of mine the other day. Rear seats out atm but need to get a set of torx drivers to get the rear belts out and the excess plastics.
Next on my to buy list it a refurb'd axle and then new shocks and bushes. Probably go to IM for mine, don't fancy swapping it over myself!
Oh, how hard was it to bleed the brakes?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers mate, are you going as full on with the stripping like i have :rasp:

The brakes were quite easy. We had an eazibleed kit which connects to your ressy and you hook it up to a spare wheel with 20psi in. You then add the brake fluid into the pot and bleed the calipers. Basically the air from the tyre flushes the old fluid out until you get the new fluid comming through.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Great thread, I miss my old Saxo. Crackin' work your doin, keep it up.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Don't think i'll be going as far as you have with the stip down, heater matrix and dash can stay in. Want to track it a few days next year but i need it running better so the rear axle, bushes, suspension and brakes next, then new seats and cage and then i think some tb's... It all costs money though!
Got a set of torx drivers last night so wil be craking on with the rest of the back today, seatbelts, plastics etc. Will get some pics later.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEE!!!
Just got back from IM Axles. I had a refurbed axle swap and also had them paint the beam and torsion bars to my selected colour. I also had them fit my powerflex black shore 95 mount bushes aswell. Heres the pics....:p
DSC01035.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

On the way back from IM axles the sat nav took me threw melton. Some awesome roads ;) I also found this nice spot so stopped for a sneeky few pics...
DSC01039.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

The rear of the car feels alot more stable now and when cornering hard it dosent sway like it did before. It cost me alot but it was worth it. Would recommended IM axles to anybody. Very professional service and their work is done to a high standard. Next on the list is to have the cage re-fitted and welded.

225 Cup & Williams

Just read through the hol thread some money thrown at this car mate top work. Must feel like driving a brand new car with all the bushes and driveshafts etc that youve renewed.
keep it up!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers mate. It feels a completley different car to when i first got it. :) The money being thrown at it is starting to pay off. Carnt wait for next year and some track action.

Rb 182

Looking great mate. Like you say will be a completly different car to drive now.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Looking real good now. Just been looking in to IMaxles, roughly £500 fitted? It seems a lot but from what you've said, and others, it seems to be well worth it. Thats next on my list.

De-wipered mine earlier and got rid of some more of the inside. (Wiper motor weighs a ton!)

Also found a nice hole in the back panel, above the fuel inlet. Bloody rust! Now need to re seal the boot seal as its letting water in. Bloody pain in the arse!
2010-10-12 14.35.08.jpg

So, apart from the axle, i now need to do...

Welding in the rear and under the front seats. Rotten to hell.
Underseal the whole car
New shocks, bushes etc

Then when i get my old job back, get it off road, , buy shitty daily and fully strip the inside. I know i said i wouldn't go as far as you with the wiring but f**k it! Its getting done!
Hopefully see you at some tracks next year!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Yer its definatley worth it mate! Mine handles so much better. Bad news about the rot, that looks pretty nasty. Hopefully you can get it sorted and looking good. I hope i see you at some track days next year aswell. Carnt wait until next year now. It will be ready for around april-may time next year.

UPDATEEE!

I ordered a black trs tow strap yesterday and shes here...
DSC01049.jpg

I also ordered some high tensile bolts, washers and nyloc nuts with swampy. Seening as the car is going to be running competion mounts and bushes i may aswell upgrade the bolts just incase the standard ones vibrated off.

Trs tow strap bolt...
DSC01050.jpg

Wishbone ball joint bolts...
DSC01052.jpg

Wishbone bush bolts...
DSC01053.jpg

Anti-roll bar clamp bolts...
DSC01051.jpg

Cheers Swampy, i will use you again! Great service :y:
I will be ordering my steelies and tyres on the 25th so when they arrive ill get cracking spraying them and get them on asap so i can have a full set :p

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATE!!!

I bought a bmc cold air feed (70mm x 600mm) as mine didnt come with one when i got the car and i think its suffering from heatsoak which i think would of affected the rr results. Whilst i got the cold air feed i also got a bmc cleaning kit for the cda. Im going to be doing that this weekend aswell as fitting the tow strap. I will also be doing the powerflex bushes for the wishbone if i get time. I may also be getting some morrettes tomorow so fingers crossed that works out and i will be spraying them matte black and fitting them. If i do fit them both of the inner lamps will be removed and i will hook up the cold air feed to the bmc.

Heres some pics of todays little spree...
DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

Rb 182

Going great mate. When wuill you have the 4 berlingo wheels on?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

thanks dave :D, there not berlingo wheels there c5 alloy/steelies ;), they will probs be on next weekend hopefully. Ive just aquirred some morettes aswell so ill have a nice update tommorow :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
Right havnt been able to update due to exceeding the bandwidth again on photobucket :wall:
I now have some mint morrettes :) I swapped them for my vts alloys with a chap off here. There the h7 versions with optics. The only reason i wanted morrettes was to take the inner lamps out for cold air feeds. Basically i have swapped the inner lamps for the outers and removed the outers which had the full beam and side lights in. Heres the morrettes as i got them...
DSC01069.jpg

I removed the masks and prepped them down ready for spraying matt black..
DSC01071.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

And matt black...
DSC01072.jpg

They were then fitted whilst the paint was drying without the masks on...
DSC01074.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

I also swapped my silver visions over :) bye bye egg!
DSC01075.jpg

Trs tow strap fitted..
DSC01060.jpg

I cleaned out my bmc filter and re-oiled it with the bmc cleaning kit. The aftermath...
DSC01058.jpg

I also fitted my powerflex black shore 95 wishbone bushes..
DSC01057.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

I ordered some inlets and gauzes from demon tweeks. There for my morettes for the cold air feeds. I got the 63mm revotec ali black inlets with the black gauzes...
DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

With the gauzes fitted and being painted...
DSC01091.jpg

And finished waiting to be fitted..
DSC01093.jpg

I will be hopefully fitting the inlets tomorow when i take the bumper off and the morettes and sealanting them in. I'm also getting the cage welded in next week by a work collegue so the cage will finally be back in :) My steelies are also being sprayed so i will hopefully have the tyres fitted and they will be on the car asap.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATE!!!!!

I have a complete set of steelies on finally :) I'm sooo happy with them. I chap i know off 106 owners kindly lent me some c2 code alloys to roll around on as i was going to spray the steelies myself. I had laser eye surgery just before and was told i wasnt aloud to get anything near my eyes...
DSC01084.jpg

So after speaking to gaz he agreed he would do me a massive favour and spray the steelies for me. Very happy with how they came out. Once finished i had the toyo's fitted and ive finally got round to fitting them tonight....
DSC01094.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

I also got some better pics with the morettes fitted...
DSC01100.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

I'm still yet to remove them so i can fit the inlets. I will hopefully be doing them this weekend if i can be arsed. I am desperate to get the cage back in now and ill be getting it welded asap.

Charged Superleggera

good progress mate. loving the updates

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

well better than the clio bud

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

good progress mate. loving the updates

Thanks mate

well better than the clio bud

Cheers Mike

UPDATEE!!

I managed to get the cage put back in the car ready for welding in the middle of the week. You'll have to excuse the pics as it was dark.
DSC01104.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

I also got round to bonding the inlets in for the morrettes. I've only fitted the o/s one at the mo as the n/s one was still setting
DSC01103.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

Heres a pic of the bmc flex going into the morette. mmmm cold air :A:
DSC01106.jpg

I will update once ive had the cage welded. I should be getting the vibra tech competion kit for crimbo off the missus. Carnt wait to get them fitted.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

i like the efforts youve gone to but i really dont like the look of the car theres to many colours the green and blue dont match and neither does the whitei persoanlly feel the colour of the car doesnt work with anything just as with the cups, must drive real nice tho id love to be able to give my 16v s1 rallye the same treatment.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Ben. i know what you mean but i wanted the car to stand out alittle and if i went down the same route as everyone else i.e, anthrashite or black wheels it would look like just another saxo. When you see it in person it looks better. Youll have to pop over sometime and take a look ;) Have you still got your teg?

Mk5 golf gti

f**k that

it looks awesome love the green and them wheels are quality

top effort

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

Cheers Ben. i know what you mean but i wanted the car to stand out alittle and if i went down the same route as everyone else i.e, anthrashite or black wheels it would look like just another saxo. When you see it in person it looks better. Youll have to pop over sometime and take a look ;) Have you still got your teg?

yeah its all personal so dont take offence i feel the same about my mates cup with white wheels makes mk1 clio with white wheels its just my preferance.

if the car was white with white wheels then green cage etc itd look a hell of alot better imo.

nah mate sold the teg now have a 16v s1 single bucket seat and not much else lol goes well just needs handling sorting and rear beam is one of them, how much was the beam service i see alot of rallye register members have used that place.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Love it mate. Although I'm not normally a fan of the lights, I like what you've done with them and it's a really tidy job too.