ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grrrrrrr!

titanium 182
Some one (kids I would imagine) has nicked my passenger side 2.0 bump strip badge thingy! how do i go about getting another one?

This might sound like a crazy idea but ring your local Renault dealer and speak to the parts dept ;)

Failing that call a Renault Breaker they're bound to have one off a cup.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Loony said:
This might sound like a crazy idea but ring your local Renault dealer and speak to the parts dept ;)

Failing that call a Renault Breaker they're bound to have one off a cup.

lmfao.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
sara182 said:
Some one (kids I would imagine) has nicked my passenger side 2.0 bump strip badge thingy! how do i go about getting another one?

Same way, go find a car parked up with a badge and take it!*

Don't try this at home kids!

titanium 182
Dave said:
They will be back for the other one!
Will put it in the garage tonight me thinks!

Oh and some of you can be just so bloody minded at times - and you wodner why people don't post anymore!

Thanks Dave for a useful response

Sara

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Some people will steal anything. It really makes me mad! :mad: I swear some would even try and steal the gold fillings out of your teeth if you left your mouth open long enough, absolutely nothing is safe these days. THIEVING SCUM!!!

sara182 said:
Oh and some of you can be just so bloody minded at times - and you wodner why people don't post anymore!

You got your answer though didnt you, it's only a bit of banter chill out :D

titanium 182
DynamiqueDebz said:
Some people will steal anything. It really makes me mad! :mad: I swear some would even try and steal the gold fillings out of your teeth if you left your mouth open long enough, absolutely nothing is safe these days. THIEVING SCUM!!!

Thanks ladies (girl182 too!) atleast I can count on us girls understanding that I'm a bit annoyed.

Sara

Arctic Blue 182
sorry i just read what other people have put - i dont get the joke - did u say something funny sara? MEN!! ARGH!! lol!

Golf R
there's a few normally pop up on ebay - i havent looked but might be worth a quick look - i don't in fairness know how much they'd cost from a dealer but guess once you've found out you can judge whether ebay is a better option or not!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
perfect oportunity to replace them with 1.2 badges for the sleeper look.

titanium 182
optical said:
perfect oportunity to replace them with 1.2 badges for the sleeper look.
that's what I thought! Although think the irony would be wasted on the 1.2 boys with 2.0 badges!

silver cup packed FF 182
im sure your prob see that 2.0 trim stuck to a nova door at some point lol,next time stick some superglue or something similar to give it a bit of extra secruity incase for when it happens again(touch wood it dosnt though)

Mondeo STTDCI
sara182 said:

Sara...

They dont mean it let them off!!! They are a nice bunch really!

Did they cause any damage..? usually they manage to at least scratch a panel?

Dave

titanium 182
Dave -

Was gonna superglue the bloody things on this week as have been meaning to do it for ages and am holiday this week so finally getting round to things! Renault want about £40 for them aaargh! will ring some breakers today to see if they have any.
Fortunately no damage!

There are so many 1.2 with sports badges on round here it was only a matter of time I think. Worried that if I glue them on now then they might cause damage trying to get them off next time.

I wouldnt glue them tbh. Some glues react with paint or plastic and as you say if someone tries to pinch them again they may damage the door or moulding if they wont come off easily.

When i worked for BMW kids used to nick the badges off of them all the time and the couple of customers who'd glued them on still ended up having them nicked but a load of screwdriver marks on the bootlid or bonnet around the badge where they wouldnt just pull off. Id personally rather pay out £40 on a badge than a couple of hundred getting the door repainted.

Mondeo STTDCI
Loony said:
I wouldnt glue them tbh. Some glues react with paint or plastic and as you say if someone tries to pinch them again they may damage the door or moulding if they wont come off easily.

When i worked for BMW kids used to nick the badges off of them all the time and the couple of customers who'd glued them on still ended up having them nicked but a load of screwdriver marks on the bootlid or bonnet around the badge where they wouldnt just pull off. Id personally rather pay out £40 on a badge than a couple of hundred getting the door repainted.

Sound advice. Dont spose the police where you are would bother with sending out SOCO either, NOT that you want the f/print dust all over your door but even so.

MY10 R35 GTR
my mate stole 2l badges for someones car ages ago..... then his car got nicked. Robber must o been well disappointed to find the 2.0L badge was stuck on a 1.2!!!!

£40 sounds alot but its bettter than a few scratches. If there stupid and determinded enough sadly thet prob try anything to get them. :(

titanium 182
I had a look on ebay last night but there aren't any up yet! Have been looking carefully at the 1.2s for the one badge they took!

So I'm confused now should I stick them on or not?

Was gonna nick one off a crashed car at renault garage yesterday but bottled out - I'm obviously just too honest! Should have askedsuppose they might have just given it to me!

RB 200 Cup!
AliasOmega said:
You can have my badges,

I wanna take them off to lighten the car so i can give them damn cups a good thrashing...

LOL!!!

I cant believe people nick 2.0 badages to put on 1.2's what the f**k is the point?
And also why cant the little bastids just leave other peoples property alone

80MPG BEEZA
i've taken mine off when i was gonna spray them come off dead easy i cud go round stealing them all night and make a fortune on ebay, maybe at the next meet may have a round up get my gf to distract people, i've just kept my black 16v badges on even though i have a 172 lump in i jst cant be ass*d frankly to have silver ones on