ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Policy Question

I have set our group policy up at work to active a password protected screensaver after 10minutes. This works fine however some folk with laptops are complaining about the screensaver kicking in when they are at home or out on presentations etc...

I have so far removed the screensaver bits from the default policy, i have added a new policy that only has the screensaver bits in it and that only gets applied to laptop computers. Problem is it doesnt seem to work and i cant understand why.

Anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong?

I am using group policy management console sp1 on windows xp to administer the domain.

Thanks,

problem i was having was the screensaver policy comes under user config, i was adding computers to the policy. Also i dont think i linked the policy to the OU.

All sorted now tho

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Yes, just setup a different OU for the desktop and laptop computers then apply the screensaver GPO to the Desktop OU and set the scope to authenticated users.