ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group N ECU/Fueling

Had my Group N ECU for some time now. I'm told these work best with a free-flowing system, so I have been fiddling around doing minor breathing mods (ITG/silicone elbow/cold air feed) and I'm planning to get a full powerflow system and a sports cat fitted later this week.

Is the Group N map set up with the right fueling for the above? I'm guessing it is, or should I be fitting an AFR meter?

Cheers,
Gareth

Nippy white cup
I`ve been wondering wether this is my problem...mine seems erratically fast and it seems to be fine low down then sometimes it is as if it doesn`t come on cam at all..other days it pulls really hard from low revs and then harder still on cam (nothing to do with cold days etc)

Chris

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Chris n`nic said:
I`ve been wondering wether this is my problem...mine seems erratically fast and it seems to be fine low down then sometimes it is as if it doesn`t come on cam at all..other days it pulls really hard from low revs and then harder still on cam (nothing to do with cold days etc)

Chris

Same thing happens with mine without the R-sport ECU. Usually when its flat the is a half inch travel on the accelerator before anything happens. When it pulls really well then as soon as you touch the pedel its off..!

I can only think its elec throttle being eratic.

Nippy white cup
Sounds similar m8....I find myself leaning forward when I boot it but I don`t need to. I got renault to check the throttle but they said it was fine. I also notice it on the motorway...bombing up a hill in 5th...lift off the throttle to slow down and it feels like it gets a little quicker!?

Chris

Not really what I had in mind tbh. Just worried that the ECU will deliver too lean a mixture with this setup.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Chris n`nic said:
Sounds similar m8....I find myself leaning forward when I boot it but I don`t need to. I got renault to check the throttle but they said it was fine. I also notice it on the motorway...bombing up a hill in 5th...lift off the throttle to slow down and it feels like it gets a little quicker!?

Chris

I find if it does it (bit of play before the engine reponds)then on the motorway just let off the throttle from 90 down to 60 then when back on the throttle is very sensitive again and yopu old have to touch it to go.

Maybe after a period of time when you backing off it resets its throttle position to 0...I dont know but its something like that..!