ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ground Strap

Some of you might know that I have just changed my gearbox :p. But have been having a few problem's with the ground strap from the chassis to gearbox/mount. Wouldn't start after being fine all day. Gave the ground strap a poke with a stick it sparked a bit and has been fine since then.....

The strap ain't broken so what could have caused this? Am I better just changing it to be safe? Everything is done up tight etc. So can the earth fail even though it isn't broken?

02 Clio 172
Take the strap off completely, give the strap ends and where it bolts onto the body and gearbox a good clean so that you get bare metal to bare metal connection and you should be fine. It'll most likely just be crap that's got in there not letting it earth properly.