ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gripper diff - refurb "DIY"

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II
Hi all,

As I need to strip my gear box due to it constantly slipping out of third gear under accelleration and going over bumps (unfortunately it is not an adjustment issue) I would like to check over my diff at the same time.

After a couple of years use I feel the diff is no longer as "agressive" as it used to be from new.
Does the diff have to go back to Gripper for a refurb or is there anything I can do whilst the GB is out the car and in pieces?
Sending the diff to UK is something I would like to avoid if possible.

Michael

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Gripper diffs should go back to gripper every 18-24 months depending on mileage for a service.

This. Mine went back 1000 miles ago, wasn't expensive for a replacement of 3rd Gear synchro and getting the diff "refurbed".

I know you don't want to send it back to the UK, but it's a plated diff and so will need rebuilding. That's why it isn't as aggressive as when you first bought it. Fit a Quaiffe if you don't want to keep sending the Gripper back to be rebuild.