ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding/squealing noise

BG 182 FF
Changed the top mounts on sat for some Pure Motorsport solid jobbies and also fitted some eibach sportlines.

Ever since ive been getting a metallic grinding/squealing on left lock at low speed coming from the drivers side front wheel. First thoughts was something not fitted properly and rubbing somewhere so I've had the whole lot apart again.

No evidence of any rubbing anywhere and it's all back together correctly again but the noise is still there. The noise only happens on left lock when the car moves slowly (less than 15mph). No noise when stationary and turning the wheels or at normal driving speeds. I've tried to replicate the noise when jacked up (loaded up the hub with another jack) but without success.

I've literally checked everything except the driveshaft which physically looks fine and is not knocking and has no play whatsoever, could it be the cv joint on its way out?

BG 182 FF
It's definitely not brake related as noise happens at slow speed without using brakes. I've checked them though for any issues and they are fine.

I thought this also as it only happend to me when turning right at slow speeds, when I took my old pads out they looked fine and still had plenty of meat left on them. Apparently it could of been caused by a hairline crack in the pads, well this is what a mechanic said to me. I'm just letting you know of my experience and I never thought at the time it could be brake related.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
The new top mounts, do they compensate for the renault faulty rubbing top mounts? spacer washers?

BG 182 FF
Bit of an update, it only does it when moving forward and seems to be less of an issue once the car has some heat in it.

Anyone have any ideas??

BG 182 FF
Driveshaft replaced (boot had split so needed doing anyway) and still the bloody noise is there.

I don't know what else it could be??

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Think I just started getting same issue tonight, got Pure Motorsport Top Mounts too.

Have you had any luck with finding out what was the cause?

Clio 172mk2
i get a odd noise, but its only for split second, so think its the exaust gasket kit that needs replacing