ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenstuff: They are s**t

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Why the debate? Everyone knows they aren't a track pad.

Fair enough if you find they are pish after fast road use, but really, if you are that aggressive on the anchors, surely you need to practice your technique?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Re: Greenstuff: They are s**t

I'm using Greenstuff pads on grooved discs, had no problems with fast road driving. Like said above, if can't manage on greenstuff on the road, should consider learning how to drive....as they aren't track pads and the road is not a track either:rasp:

PH1 172 Sport

if you are that aggressive on the anchors, surely you need to practice your technique?

Perhaps you can suggest a better technique of stopping from 4th down to 2nd then repeating again after .5mile?

Why would you brake down from 4th straight into 2nd? Use the engine to help with braking so include 3rd gear while braking.

TVR Cerbera

i'm running greenstuff and brembo discs and had no problems on track or clear back roads over pennines (a686) so probably is fluid

Sorry to gatecrash our post mate and if this sounds silly.

But if his pads have fried themselvess, why would it come down to the brake fluid ?

Fair enough if you use your brakes enough you can boil it, but the fluid wouldn't cause smoke :S thats the pads not coping with the heat.

I guess Red Stuffs may be better for a track day, as i think they need a fair bit of heat in them to work properly don't they ?

And can withstand higher temperatures.

But say you used Red Stuff pads wit Brembo Max Discs, would you warp the discs with the heat involved in braking ? :S

that's because most people on this forum haven't got a clue, and read it on the internet!

BMW M135i
I've had them on my old 1.6 and i've got them on the 172 as well. Never had a problem, but i'm not very agressive on the anchors and haven't took them on track which is probably why.