ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenlight Insurance Calling all 172 and 182 owners

Ford Mustang 5.0
We have been allowing a club discount for cliosport members for almost two years now.

Having carried out a recent review of our annual claim statistics it appears that the Clio 172's and Clio 182's (both modified and standard vehicles) have performed excellently with only a handful of minor claims.

To which end our underwriters are currently offering reduced rates on these models.

Unfortunatley the discount does not extend to the Clio 172 Cup model due to the high number of single vehicle accidents and fault accidents we recieved over the past 2 years.

Our normal criteria applies:

Minium Driver age: 21
Minimum NCB: 1 year
Minimum Premium: £450
Modification: Cover available for all types of mods including Nitrous Oxide conversions, ECU Re-maps etc.... (all mods covered on a like for like basis)

If anyone would like to obtain a quote please visit our website www.greenlightinsurance.com or contact our office on 01277 263030

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance.

Ford Mustang 5.0
acrebo said:
Excellent stuff, hopefully these good prices will continue until renewal time in April!

As long as the current low claim ratio continue these low prices will continue indefinatley.

The underwriters are also reviewing there stats on the V6 model so a reduction could be in the pipeline for them.

I believe the reason for the Surprisingly Low number of claims being reported is primarily down to the fact that you guys are all Enthusiasts who spend thousand on your car. Basically your car to you is a hobby and no doubt your pride and joy...... rather just an A to B runaround like most other normal car drivers condsider their car is.

Keep up the good work guys :)

Just gave them a ring out of interest really.
I am 29.

Clio 182.
Mods - Coilovers, Cams, standalone ECU, IK, inlet manifold work, single cable throttle body, exhaust, sports cat. approx 200bhp.

Not at this spec yet but will be in a couple of weeks.

Currently with Direct Line £800

They quoted me £600!!

The person I spoke to seemed to know what the mods were rather then the Direct Line people who did not have a clue what I was on about.

Worth a look if you are changing policies.

206 GTI
Well here's hoping it does stay this way for a few months then i can stay with greenlight as i got a great price last year too :)

Ford Mustang 5.0
jon_r said:
Good to see the real enthusiasts car is demanding a premium still though :)

Unfortunatley we had more claims on Clio 172 cup models than all other Clio models (including 172, 182, 16v, williams and the V6) put together.

Had we not had all these claims the 172 Cup model would be including in this premium reduction.

Maybe its just bad luck or the fact the 172 cup doesn't have ABS because our figures on the 182 cup are excellent.

Ford Mustang 5.0
MarkM said:
Just gave them a ring out of interest really.

They quoted me £600!!

Our policy also includes like for like replacement on modifications meaning should a claim occur we would replace the modifications again rather than using standard renault parts.

I don't think direct line offer this benefit.

Also Track Day cover is available for £65 per event (only availbe on uk circuits)

Vee dub
Good ol' Cups! lol

Gotta love em!

I wasn't aware of a club discount! bit late for me now.. maybe next year

cock mobile.
Boohoo; still I guess it proves the normal 172 is a safe old mans car.

Quick run!! ahhhh!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not needing to renew until April but I've been given a quote of £720, which is a lot cheaper than my current policy. Looks like I'll be giving them a call when it comes to proper renewal!

Called Direct Line old policy cancelled new greenlight policy started.

Direct Line was actually 830 greenlight 599.

£230 better off!! :clap:

I'm with Greenlight and have been since April, couldn't beat my best quote but had no problems matching it.

R35 GTR
1 year no claims, direct line was cheap at 1400, then greenlight did it for 900!!!!!£500 saved. omg!

still waiting for my proof of no claims from directline the b*stards.

Last edited:
  320d
Sounds like excellent news

What are your excesses like?

Most supposed 'hot hatch' insurers i've spoken to always seem to want £250-£500

Clio 182
Greenlight are great. They knocked £300 off my 182 closest quote and £1000 off the closest quote for the Golf R32 i'm getting in the next month or so. (still got the 182 for a while). I'll be going with these guys once I get my new car.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Mine excess is £300 which pretty much the same as anywhere else so not too bad...

Which has just reminded me, gotta find out what the excess is with my current NU policy on Windscreen insurance...

2002 Clio Dynamic
Im already insured by Greenlight and my quote was excellent,so just wonder if my Dynamic would come under the cat of 172 once i have a 172 2.0ltr conversion put into it,turning my Horsepower from 95 up to 172???
Would it sill be a dynamic or re classed as a 172?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Insurance companies treat conversions differently, so it's worth calling around, but it is likely that they'll insure the car in the same light as whatever car the engine is from, so probably a 172, but perhaps more due to the fact that it's a conversion.

Racing Blue 182
Can you not insure 19 year olds?

Also just out if interest do you accept NCD earned on motorbikes like direct line/tesco do?

Volvo S60 T5
Get a thumbs up from me, had mine insured with them and last year with the mods including NOS it cost me a little over 600 quid (cheapest I could find).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
Unfortunatley we had more claims on Clio 172 cup models than all other Clio models (including 172, 182, 16v, williams and the V6) put together.

Had we not had all these claims the 172 Cup model would be including in this premium reduction.

Maybe its just bad luck or the fact the 172 cup doesn't have ABS because our figures on the 182 cup are excellent.

Great to see what's being offered for the 172/182's, shame I'd be penalised for all the Cup incidents...

Out of idle curiosity...can you say how many have been written off?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Can't recommend Greenlight enough really, Met Neil and his brother and they're both real decent people. And they're very competitivly priced so you can't go wrong!!