ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

green light for changing gear...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
172ONTHELIMITER.jpg

In 5th!

Blow out and....

Where did he go?:eek:

clio 1.2 16valve
the green light is the shift light, the limiter is there to save revving the engine to hard hence why the green shift light comes on before the limiter.

clio 182
has pricey said ^^^ the rev limiters there to stop engine damage, the green light is a rough idea when u should change gear for best performace.

as been said earlier different engine have diff peak rate so its only there as a guide!! : )

has pricey said ^^^ the rev limiters there to stop engine damage, the green light is a rough idea when u should change gear for best performace.

as been said earlier different engine have diff peak rate so its only there as a guide!! : )

I cant believe people need a light to tell them.

My ears start to bleed at around 5k. That usually forces me to change gear.

Mine comes on well before the red line, a good 600rpm at least.

If you change gear at 5k in a 172 you won't be going very fast.

clio 1.2 16valve

buy a 1.2 then

Clio 182 Cup

5k thats wen the thing takes off!!

1.2 16v clio dynamic
i hope some one dose it in a 1.2 16v in 2nd gear u get every light on the dash board on including a flashing stop light

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
yours is clearly fucked then lol. ive never had any lights on, and ive taken it right up to the red line (and the limiter) a fair few times.

M2 / Golf GTI
Tbh, if im taking up that high in the revs im busy concentrating on the road to look for a sh*tty little green light.

glanza
I know everyone is saying its a "shift now or else you're buggered light"

BUT....

I've got a 172 brochure in front of me and in the features section it says.... and i quote, "OPTIMUM GEAR SHIFT INDICATOR".

Just to confuse matters.....

this actually gets it right up those nobs trying to be smart arses

Skoda fabia Vrs
the twingo rs i have comes with a shift light as standard.. when u get maximum power tells you to change up.. its a cool little idea:cool:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When I bought mine my uncle asked the guy what the light is for, his reply 'for when your racing' :rasp:

Anyone else would of walked away lol, good job it was cheap

clio 197
its green... green means go so its the best shift point. now if it was to go red, red means warning. (would mean f**king change now!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Toyota Corolla
Always wondered what Renault put about this light and just found it in Driver's Hand book from my ph1, 172...
moz-screenshot.png
attachment.png

Attachments

• gearchange.png
    gearchange.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 198
138mph would be about right, I imagine the speedo was at about 145mph. The new focus st I was against started pulling away from me just before the light came on so I presume they can go faster. But they're no faster up till that speed.

Have to get on the runway again somewhen, with my sat nav on so I can check gps.

What have you done to your RS Clio ?

As i was under the impression that the ST Focus's are around 225bhp there for a clio killer :(

clio 172 silver ph1
What have you done to your RS Clio ?

As i was under the impression that the ST Focus's are around 225bhp there for a clio killer :(

Focus st a Clio killer, mine must weight less, so less power but weights less, people say one car should beat another just because of it's power and torque, nothing to do with the fact one could be a s**t driver and one could be amazing? Also one could be 25 stone and another 12, surely the weight of the driver would matter as well. But I don't think a focus st would beat me, the little cooper s before didn't, and thats supposedly a Clio sport killer

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Focus st a Clio killer, mine must weight less, so less power but weights less, people say one car should beat another just because of it's power and torque, nothing to do with the fact one could be a s**t driver and one could be amazing? Also one could be 25 stone and another 12, surely the weight of the driver would matter as well. But I don't think a focus st would beat me, the little cooper s before didn't, and thats supposedly a Clio sport killer

Whut?