ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Great start to 2006

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Got a knock on the door about 10mins ago, guy says 'do you own the blue clio parked on the side of the road?' I answer 'yes' wondering where the conversation is going and get the reply 'sorry mate I've just reversed into your car'... great just bought my ClioSport sticker too!!!

Least he told me though and not just driven off. Said to get quotes but he knows someone who can help if want.

Luckily just scratch all the way down rear quarter with dent by door pillar :(

Cup blue isn't some special paint thats really hard to blend into rest or only available from Renault is it?

Cooper S
Damn :(

Least he was honest though.

I think the paint aint all that special but yes it is harder to work with for some reason (as quoted by a Paint Shop worker friend of mine)

Mégane RS
at least he had the honesty to tell you, someone reversed into mine and drove off, the cup colour should be easily matched, bit of hard luck there though

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Yeah could've been worse. Got a dispute with a woman who cut me up on an island and caved in the front of my last car thats been ongoing for over a yr now!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You were lucky this chap is a fuc##ng diamond.....................

Most would of done a runner...........

106 GTi
Like others have said at leat he didnt drive of - still really sh*te though. Hope you get it sorted soon. My mate repaired a Blue cup and didnt comment on any problems with the paint by any different to any other car he works on.

Rare for someone to stop and admit it! I'm still sporting a massive dent from last July time where someone caved my door in. Can't afford the £600 to get it sorted with a new door so it's going to have to wait... :(

Good luck getting yours sorted! :) Make sure you see the quality of the work of the guy if he's offering to get it done - don't want to have to pay twice to get it corrected after...

cock mobile.
At least he admitted it!

Could have been a lot worse.

I had some spray work down on mine when my bro bumped my Cup. The guy mixed the paint about 5 times before he was completely happy with it but it didn't cost me anymore or anything, and you really wouldn't notice it had been sprayed.

172 Cup
tis a shame mate but as most people have said you are lucky he came and nocked on the door. there really are not many people around like that anymore so i would say you are pretty lucky!

Paul

Clio 172 mk2
Good to hear there are still some honest people out there in this age of the chav, kunt etc.

I wasn't so lucky a while back......massive gouge/dent down my rear wing in my Renault 19 done by a flatbed lorry....motherf**ker did a runner and it cost me about £300 to put right:mad:

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
good that he told u! i dont think u will have a problem with the paint, well, hopefully not anyway.
a few months ago a fork lift truck driver went in to the back of my car and took some paint off and dented my back bumper, he didnt even realise he had driven in to me lol! i was dead worried that the spray place wouldnt get the yellow right, as my car is a "millennium limited edition" and ford only made 1,000 of them, so i was very worried it wouldnt match, anyway..u cant tell at all :)

Golf R/Leon FR
thats unlucky dude, at least he had the honesty to tell you and not drive off.
hope it all gets sorted

Tesla MP3 2021
u were lucky he came back....other tosser would just have got straight off......( i would.........lol only kiddin)

hope ya get it sorted

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
He was on the phone at 10am today tryin to help sort it. Found out my mom knows him and he's got a nice new Lambo Gallardo so ain't short of the cash to sort it.

Guy seems like a genuine good guy which as most of you said is pretty rare nowadays.