ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gratuitous Z4 Roadster photos...

Well, there's a bit of a story to these latest photos...

Looked like a decent sunset on Sunday so I decided at the last second to head out for some sunset pics, but was running late. Didn't have enough time to get along to my favourite spots, so took a detour into Grangemouth. I always wanted to get some night shots around there with the oil refinery and plant in the background. So I found this big car park, completely empty, partly flooded from the rain we'd had. Perfect. Spent a happy 30mins snapping away and was about to pack up up when I got apprehended by security! Turns out they'd been tracking me on camera for the past 30mins because they viewed me as a security risk LOL - thought I was taking pics of the plant (the refinery is apparently a potential major target...). And it didn't end there. Their orders (from MI5 apparently) were to report anyone caught taking pics on the site to the police. So I had to hang around for the police! They were perfectly fine about it all when they realised what I'd been doing but I still got my name taken and told not to come back :D

Anyway, excitement over, here's some photos:

3791784307_272b8421c9_b.jpg

3791785931_f5a19e9884_b.jpg

3792607088_e62f2fa212_b.jpg

3791795615_3c944a7cd4_b.jpg

3792613162_8f0db826db_b.jpg

3791801735_a1a6cdd614_b.jpg

3791806635_2dfbdd68ac_b.jpg

3791809809_038fa4d890_b.jpg

Cheers
Ally

It was just a random bit of waste ground used as a carpark, no gates, no evidence of there having been gates, no signs, nothing. Security told me it was private property but nothing indicated it. Think it was near Gate 6? Possibly car park 7 possibly.

But no f**king way I'm going back! :eek:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good work, shame about the brush in with security!!

loving the snaps though, superb light and quality

I think the pics were worth all that hassle :)
what camera were you using?

Canon 350d with the kit lens (18-55mm). £10 tripod from Aldi, some of my pics were blurry despite the tripod and a remote shutter lead - it was a bit windy.

Just a shame I won't be able to use that location again lol, made a nice change form my usual Forth Bridges location...

f**king jobsworths, no bother you got some pukka snaps

LOL I can see their point though - major target apparently. But it was their attitudes (the security that is - the police were cool), that I was in the wrong despite no warning signs or anything to say not to enter the carpark. Perfect location lost :(

Admit it, you got caught dogging ;)!
How did you know :eek:

Great pics.I love those wheels on that...
Wheels are great but a bit of a pain - the lacquer on the rim ALWAYS breaks down, every single set of these on the Z4 forum are corroded as a result. They're split rims so I've got all the bits to polish up and relacquer the rims myself. They make the car tho.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
awesome pics what a shame they told u not to come back epic location

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Excellent Pics - Perfect location matches the car TBH, has a German feel to the shot.

I really want a Z4.

Cheers for the comments folks. Just makes me more pissed off that I can't use the location again :(