ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GPS speeding systems

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Who has what system and how do you rate it!?

Id like to hear peoples real life experiences with using these as opposed to the spiel from people trying to sell them...

Anyone got the Snooper S6-R Neo?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Do these detect lasers?

Can you literally unplug it and replug it quickly? I wouldnt want to leave it in the car when the car is parked. They would be a target for theft surely? Or is it useless without the rest of the kit?

BMW 320d Sport

S6R Neo. Works very well and gives you full coverage, laser, radar and GPS, but its a lot of wiring, even if you hardwire it in like I did, the GPS aerial only really picks up if you place it under the sunroof glass. But the main problem is that the display is shockingly bad - it uses crappy LCD lettering like on a cheap calculator which is difficult to see at the best of times, not only is LCD a total piece of sh*t in a car when you have sunlight on it sometimes and variable viewing angles, the actual lettering is tiny and you can hardly see what it says unless you actually fully take your eyes off the road and squint at the display for a couple of seconds. When its backlit at least you can just about see the letters, but theyre still very small, far too small to be any use when youre trying to drive.

Its very good at detection, but awful to look at.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Origin b2, bought from Has for a bargain price.

Very discreet installations possible. Mines tucked over to the right, just in-front of the tweeter. Functionality is faultless, with options for you to change anything youre not happy about (alerts, volumes, distances, hazards, blah blah blah).

Its never missed a known or otherwise camera site (and its been "tested" many times ;)).

When you take it out of the car, you just lift it out and drop it in your shirt pocket. I really cannot think of anything I could fault about it (oh, errrm...it rattles a bit, but then Ive got a noisy crude Cup, so what do I care LOL?!).

Highly recommended :D

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 23 February 2005

Do these detect lasers?

Can you literally unplug it and replug it quickly? I wouldnt want to leave it in the car when the car is parked. They would be a target for theft surely? Or is it useless without the rest of the kit?
Yep, inbuilt laser detector.

To remove, you just pull out power.. it leaves the stand which suckers onto windscreen and the cable.. as mine is coming out of the back of the dash.

The RA2 is an all in one unit - so theres only one thing to remove..

[Edited by Daz on 23 February 2005 at 9:29pm]

That was the main reason I got it. You get two power cables with it.. one is installed properly into my Williams.. the other, I just take with me if I use it in another car - I have two mounts too (as one isnt perfect so they sent me another) so I just take the unit out of the Williams and put it in another car with no messing...

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup

Basicly as peopel put it:

RA2 - Good. Looks great, installs easy, easy to remove, clear, loud. (Daz)

B2 - Good. Pretty much same as above BUT more of a fixed in car unit, unless you buy a 2nd car kit for another car

OTHERWISE they both do pretty much same things and databases are very alike.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Origin B2

very discreet, tucked right under the front window. ni wires nothin stuck to the window.

Really good reception everywhere an no false alarms, apart from A6 nr bedford but just cos i dint see em doesnt mean there not there lol.

you can take it out an drop it in a pocket should you wish the smart warning system is the winner for me tho.

It knows which way the cameras are facing an does not go ballistic if its on the other side of a duel carriage way, it does however recognise the turnable 1s and warns of those. You can set the distance or time span it warns you at. And the schools option is good, it tells you when you approach a svhool but only on school days within school hours! Very clever piece of Kit!

Yep, if I wanted it in one car permanantly and didnt care how big/much of it there was, Id have the OriginB2 as it shuts up if you are under the limit (and tells you the limit of the road with the alert)...

The RA2 just goes mental at certain sites.. so if you dont know the speed limit (which is crazy, but you might not..) yer in trouble unless you slow down to like 20mph to double make sure.. hehe. But, it is all in one.. so only one unit and one wire.. which is what I wanted (and it lights up Blue!)

I researched both loads before I bought mine.. and the RA2 suited me more.

Database wise, the RA2 is great.. highly recommended.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

The motorway button on the b2 is good, it stops it going off every time theres a camera sited on an A road running alongside. Switches itself off as you leave the motorway network too.

Yep the b2 is "fixed", but when I said discreet, I meant when its out, all thats left is a tiny connector tucked out of the way (and the aerial and laser detector of course). Also, Ive only got one car...and if my friends want to save their licenses...they can buy one ;)

RA 2... Piss easy to use. One thing though (dont know if other RA2 182 user agree), in the 182 the RA2 has to be positioned where the non-anti-reflective slot is on the centre lower front of the front windscreen for it to receive GPS signal. However when positioned like this the front laser sensor on the unit seemed to be blocked by the windscreen wipers. Ive been fortunate not to have driven towards a copper with a hand held laser gun so dont know how much of if not all of the sensors are blocked by the wind screen wipers.

There is an external sensor available for cars with anti-reflective wind screens. But dont know where this is mounted and how much fixing is req.

I do agree the RA2 is clear and very user friendly especially displaying accurate MPH :D my votes for this !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

From personal use and customer comments the free databases are no way near as good as a standaloen system and no way as effective.

After being in a car using a variant of these we missed 5 cameras out of 10

106 GTi

I went for the RA2 as it was easy to swap between cars. Othe wise I would have gone for the B2.