ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GP

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Recently sold my R56. It was a great car, enjoyable to drive, but the miles were starting to creep up a notch and I wanted to get rid before the value starting falling off a cliff. Prior to the R56 I owned an R53 (Supercharged) car which had been fettled slightly, it was quick however it just lacked something, hence me getting rid.

After I sold the R56, I had no idea what I was going to get, was originally going to take over my brothers Ibis White S3 (Ben_p on here), but that didn't happen so began looking. Had the delight of renting a Ford KA for a few days and then I stumbled across this little beauty. Always wanted a GP, and its an absolute minter too, picked it up from a guy in Newcastle who had maintained it really well, only got 30k on the clock. Goes like stink, its very involving to drive and has a real 'f**k you' look, which for a Mini, is pretty hard to achieve.

Im off to the ring in it on October 5th, will be with a mate of mine in his Clio 197 F1 too. If you are there, say Hi.

Only got one picture so far. I'm going to try and give it a good detail on Sunday and grab some more with the SLR.

387542_10151127449068087_1218818029_n.jpg

Its booked in to Coastal Racing on Monday to have some HEL braided lines fitted and some DOT6 fluid, also having some Goodyear Eagle F1s put on to replace the run-flats.

Sam

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love it mate! 218bhp as standard and 203bhp/tonne IIRC?

They sound the absolute b****cks when giving it the full of the chimney!

Always been a fan! Has it got Recaros?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love these. Properly love them.

The definitive modern hot hatch imo.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Another one :) Chuck a newmans cam in it, and if you want loads of noise and flames a Janspeed de-cat and manifold, mine made 232bhp on the rollers with these :approve:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Drinks more than my Turbo, but, to be expected. Its got more power, its always on boost and I haven't been gentle with it.

Cannot stand the spoiler and wheels, but that's a personal taste thing. Heard nothing but good things (mainly from Gally and people on here). Enjoy!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'm on MT but never really use it, Janspeed mani and de-cat with a pretty much hollow works system is damn loud but gets some epic bangs and flames :D

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Half tempted to modify it, but, its an absolute minter. I'd rather molest a shed.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Alright James, yeah it will be all over Warrington for some time. I think I'm going to keep this one for a while.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Looks killer that mate! Turinis suit it well. Aghhh, I'm trying not to modify this one 'too' much!

Tempting.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Mines on 17's and lowered on KW springs and it hits every slight bump on the road! Speed bumps are a nightmare

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Looks smart on the 17's. If I'm getting new rims, then I'm getting 18's - Ive just spent £500 on tyres, so I WILL make them fit. LOL.

My R56 ran standard height, but I thought the ride was harder in that thing than it was in the GP.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Having a few of the wear and tear parts replaced on Monday by Coastal Racing prior to the ring, so frigging expensive BMW.

Crank vibration damper, it is effectively a rubber pulley, thats it. £251.54p. Its literally a round piece of rubber, WTF.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
At first I wasn't too keen on them, they are growing on me though. Turinis above look great too.