ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got new alloys, what to do now?

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
I've just purchased some 2nd hand alloys, a set of TSW Black Ice 15" alloys at a fairly decent price i'd say :) I'm currently on steelies so what do I need to get these on? I hear things about spacers/spigot rings etc but don't have a clue :( I also haven't lowered my car or anything like that it's pretty much standard just now. Help ! :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not meaning to sound rude, but you just went and bought some random 15" wheels, no idea on offser etc?

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Oh and details of the alloys are - Offset 35. beat me to it.. lol thought id add in that info. That's why I bought them coz i knew they were the right offset.

Clio 172 Cup
This is what I did when I had a 1.2 8v..

Jacked up car,

removed old wheels,

put on new ones.

Jobs'a'good'un

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
So no need to get new wheel bolts or anythin like that? hate to sound so ignorant lol but it's my first car and probs the first proper mod i've did to it except put a spoiler on :p Just drove past ur local city of edinburgh up to inverkeith to get these wheels aswell :)

Clio 172 Cup
Well I didn't have any problems with mine - I guess if any bolts are showing damage, get new ones.

I take it the tyres are decent?

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Will i need spacers? And tyres are pretty good on them, yokohama paradas :) good tread left on them ! Spose i can give it a try later and jack it up :p

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Don't have a clue what the offset on standard steelies are lol just know that clio is 35-42 and these alloys are 35 supposedly :eek:

clio
No offence but my mate has those alloys on his 106, im not the biggest fan of them to be fair but will be interesting to see how they look on the clio

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Attempted to try the alloys..but doesn't fit right. How much should i be payin for a 72 - 60.1 wheel spacer?

Lots of Alfas
Clio II steelies are offset 36 so you shouldnt have any problems there. The wheels need to have 4 bolt holes (4/100). Inspect your steelie bolts, normally when buying new alloys they come with new bolts. Best to get someone with mechanical knowledge if your not sure.

use new wheel bolt,steel wheel bolts can fuse to alloys hence the need for alloy wheel bolts
the wheels provided they are
4x100
et35 and have a set of spigot rings bore 60.1 your sorted

but you really should have researched more before getting all excited and buying em

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Well thing is they were cheap and I had to make a decision whether or not I should get them..I knew they'd fit just didn't know what to get to make them fit. Anyways, got some spigot rings, should probs get some alloy wheel bolts. Thanks for the replies guys :)