ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my RSTuner but it wont connect :(

GSXR + KDX220
So I bit the bullet and bought a new RS Tuner to avoid having any potential problems with a used one, and at the 1st step its not currently doing as it should.....

I sent Henk an email explaining whats happening and am awaiting a reply, I assume he may take a day or 2 which is a bummer as I wanted to do it tomorrow.

Anyway, its got the latest firmware and software which all works ok, but when I connect it to the OBD plug and go to "connect" it reads for about 10 seconds and I get the seemingly quite common "unrecognized VIN" (something like that) message :dapprove:

I figured being the newest version of the software any problems would have been ironed out!

Any ideas why it may be? Anyone got another version of the software I can try for now?

When you downloaded the RSTuner driver software did you select the box which says "legacy VCI driver" ?

GSXR + KDX220
Yeah it comes as a "setup package" including the option to use that driver. I tried it with and without installing it.....although I didnt UNinstall it before trying it again WITH the legacy driver. Would that make a difference?

Thats weird and stumped me! looks like its a wait for henk jobba. keep us posted on what the problem is when solved.:)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Might sound daft but did you have the ignition on position 2? Also did you remove it completely from your pc? Like through add and remove programs? You have probably done both but work a check i guess. I had the same problem when i did mine and i hadn't installed the legacy vci, removed it from pc installed again and worked fine, seems strange yours hasn't worked.

clio 172 phase 2
You need to install it manually . I had the same problem as Martin said use the legacy driver.

GSXR + KDX220
Had an email back early this morning with a code so will try connecting in a bit and see what happens from there!

GSXR + KDX220
Yes, after getting the unlock VCI code from Henk, it connected and allowed me to manually input the VIN. Took the screenshot and have sent it over and awaiting reply :)

:S New tuners are normally pre unlocked so its just a plug n go. At least you are sorted now anyway:)

I had to use an older version of the RSTuner software. The newest one says VIN unrecognised.
This is what Henk said:

That shouldn't be a problem. However put version 4.41 on if you are experiencing issues.
Just copy and overwrite the exiting rstuner.exe with the 4.41 version in the program files/rstuner directory.

Although that was quite a while ago, and I think a known issue with older style RStuners. May be worth a try emailing him

GSXR + KDX220
If you email Henk, he will get back to you, normally within a day or so. All sorted now anyway :) Already sold it on!

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Got mine sorted, just waiting for the map. Waiting stage sucks the most I believe. How does it feel after the remap Chri5?

My experience was dead easy, bought the license and code 9pm and received both by the morning.

The difference is extremely noticeable IMO, idles better and the whole drive feels much smoother.