ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 550D

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Took the plunge yesterday and got one.

Loving it so far, I didnt realise how tricky it was to video smoothly. Prooving rather difficult!! Oh well... practice makes perfect. I am also very impressed with the quality of the kit IS lens, takes some very crisp shots!

A whole day of shooting tomorrow, might buy some new glass too... fingers crossed the weather is nice! :cool:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yes, A tripod is great. But, I mean, in these shots it looks as though they are tracking the car in another, I do not know how they keep the video smooth across uneven surface etc..

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Bloody hell, at that price id rather my footage be wobbly!

Is there cheaper alternatives?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yeah, ive seen a few guides now on the net, and it seems fairly straight forward! Might try and mock something up tomorrow

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Any reccomendations on what Lens to go for?

I have a Sigma 10-20mm, got a Nifty Fifty on the way but want something with more range other than my kit lens. I want to get in to Video/Photo of scateboarding/bmx/MTB etc...! Not sure what to go for!

14' Leon Cupra 280
Finally went for it then! It's all practice. The 10-20mm along with 50mm should be perfect for skateboarding/bmx. I wouldn't buy anymore until you find yourself missing out on shots, or trying too hard to get the right composition. If you want longer than 50mm then maybe another prime like an 85, or maybe try and cover the 30mm range? The 70-200 F4 covers a good range at a good price!?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yeah, something with a bit of range would be ideal. I am in to my motorsport, so not sure if 200mm would give me the reach I need?