ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got hit yesterday.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
As per title really. Had a youg girl smash into the back of my 182 at about 20 mph yesterday afternoon on the A10 near Enfield. Her Ka is a bit of a mess and probably a write off. Mine is worse than it looks - boot floor badly bent up, rear panel buckled, underside is bent up with all the exhaust mounts snapped plus some buckling on the car itself. Exhaust is bent up and the bumper has had it. Tailgate wont shut properly either. My poor car.

Attachments

• DSC00393.JPG
    DSC00393.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC00394.JPG
    DSC00394.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC00395.JPG
    DSC00395.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 247
unlucky, it really doesnt look that bad, but as you said, worse than it looks

how old was the gal?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Early 20's. I felt really sorry for her actually. I sw her skidding and hanging on to the steering wheel. All i got out was 'Oh no' and then bang. Me and my girl both have sore necks this morning but other than that... Colud have been worse.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
:( Unlucky mate.
My thoughts as soon as i saw the pics, were 'that'll be worse than it looks'.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
someone drove into my dads passat while we was all in it (3)
Damage was minor but it didnt matter as it was a company car

anywho we each got 1k from an injurys claim of whiplash
thats 1k thats going towards myy car :)

Clio 172 Monaco Blue 7/46
Unlucky bud,

There are some properly sh!t drivers in Enfield (not to stereotype or anything) MCDonalds and the Krispie Kreme car park is one of their favourite haunst - surpise surprise.

You might have problems if the boot floor has been bent up as it has posed problems for some of my mates in the past.

Just for your info though, im sure your going through the insurance people but Manor Body Work on Crown Lane in Enfield are top notch! Had them repair my mums Scenic and my old Punto ages ago when some pisshead walked over it in Leeds.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
LOL at the 'Was she fit?'. Good old Cliosport response! Her Ka was a right state. Bumper bashed up and pushed back, bonnet all creased up and god knows what damage underneath - probably a write off given the age of the car. Mines going in next Thursday at Dagenham Motors in Ponders End. I thought they were just a Ford place but they repair all makes of car apparently. Her insurance is taking liability so i get to drive one of Vauxhalls finest Corsa's about until my poor baby is back.
I'm kind of in the mindset of getting rid of it now though. Even if the repairs are perfect i'll always know its been bashed and i'll never be happy with it again. Have to see how i feel when i get it back - otherwise it will be a trip down to Renault to see what i can get part ex on an R27.

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Gutted mate same damage as mine looks like. but my boot was fooked

Hope you get it sorted soon

Leon Cupra 300
Seems to be loads of these type accidents recently on here. Unlucky, hope they fix it up nicely for you!

VX220 lightning
It sounds like the clio was pretty messed up.. and at only 20mph!!! im worried about how they would survive in a high speed crash!

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
It sounds like the clio was pretty messed up.. and at only 20mph!!! im worried about how they would survive in a high speed crash!

Not sure really. I guess the cars are designed to crumple so it's never going to be pretty.

Clio 1.4 16v
lol unlucky, got hit by a metro at 20 a few weeks bak, her's was a write off radiator smashed to pieces etc i only had a few scratches on the bumper although with closer inspection the body work had crumpled under the spare tire.