ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a virus....

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Laptop has been infected tonight with 'Internet security essentials' bug.

Have had a look an found a guide for full removal. My question is has anyone else had it, removed it and did it work??? Computers aren't my strong point, so could a beginner do it, or am I better getting my computer whizz contact to do it...

Cheeers in advance, Kev..

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of these going around at the moment, had to help a few people out with getting rid of them.

Two 0 Shitx
I got this a while ago, tried getting rid with anti-virus and it was rubbish, one of the online how to guides got rid of it though.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Missus was looking at Wedding make-up artisits for sis-in-law when all went funny.

Part of virus is that it won't let you open browser, so am on iPod touch for now. Have seen a guide and am gonna give it a try later.

Thanks for the advice guys. Has anyone got a link to any guide they've successfully used please?? As I said in OP technology and me don't get on:S

Two 0 Shitx
Missus was looking at Wedding make-up artisits for sis-in-law when all went funny.

Part of virus is that it won't let you open browser, so am on iPod touch for now. Have seen a guide and am gonna give it a try later.

Thanks for the advice guys. Has anyone got a link to any guide they've successfully used please?? As I said in OP technology and me don't get on:S

Can't remember quite what i did i think i pasted the so called anti virus company into google and it came up with a few guides, and clicked the first one. I'm not exactly tech savvy either but from memory it was pretty straight forward.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Download and use Avast would be my advice, its the best removal tool I've seen/used.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Usually use AVG and never had any issues.

Have just used guide from net, and all seems to be sorted now. Cheers for replys guys and gals;)

Mk2 ph1 clio
A mate gave ma a little program called Rkill Run that and it stops the virus from blocking you acess to genuine anti virus software and also lets you use IE or firefox.

R27 427/500 ALBI
If your a cheapskate do the following

restart your machine
Repeat tapping F8 untillyou have load options ... Select safe mode with networking.
You will now start in safe mode , download malware bytes and run a full scan in the mode above , remove any infections and restart your machine

This should remove the above threat

Leigh

A mate gave ma a little program called Rkill Run that and it stops the virus from blocking you acess to genuine anti virus software and also lets you use IE or firefox.
^^ This.

Get RKill
If you can't access the internet to download it, download if from and other pc if possible and put it on a usb, open the file and it will close the 'Internet security essentials', now you will be able to get back onto the net.
Then you can download the free version of malware bytes and that should get rid of it for you.

I've had to do this recently for my dads laptop.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
As a start show hidden files and folders and show system files too, to to C:/temp

No doubt it will be living there. Delete everything in there, if something won't delete go to task manager and end the process for anything you don't recognise ( google each process if you are unsure)

It may also be in your local settings application data folder. Then get a decent registry fix/cleaner. iolo system mechanic (free trial) is a good start.

Nothing at the mo :(
This is why i use my laptop for downloading.. and PC for games .. dont want my PC catching anything naughty lol

Could always download MBam through your iPhone using Downloads Download Manager lite, then transfer it to your PC and install.

172 & LCR
If your a cheapskate do the following

restart your machine
Repeat tapping F8 untillyou have load options ... Select safe mode with networking.
You will now start in safe mode , download malware bytes and run a full scan in the mode above , remove any infections and restart your machine

This should remove the above threat

Leigh

Cheapskate mmmmmm
Remove the threat mmmmmmm
You know what i'm talking about get it sorted Lancs-Trophy