ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a Sony Smartwatch 3 for xmas

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
and I fooking love it.

last xmas I asked for a tablet as I liked the sound of them, plus id used friends ones etc... probably used it 10 times and that's it. cant remember the last time I switched it on, I just don't have a use for a tablet.

so I was a little worried I might feel the same about a smart watch, but its fooking awesome. ive got a sony xperia z2 so it works perfectly with it.

its perfect for lazy people like me, I don't have to get my phone out my pocket for anything now. I can do most things from my watch, amazing ;-)
the speech recognition is amazing, gets it perfect every time

would highly recommend one

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. I've always thought acceptance and appreciation of these devices would gather momentum as time went on.

They're available for reasonable money too...makes Apple's version LOL laughable.

I'm going to wait a few more iterations before I jump in I think...I like my Raymond Weil far too much.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Nice. I've always thought acceptance and appreciation of these devices would gather momentum as time went on.

They're available for reasonable money too...makes Apple's version LOL laughable.

I'm going to wait a few more iterations before I jump in I think...I like my Raymond Weil far too much.
apples smart watch is what £300-400, the sony smart watch with metal strap is £140 and with rubber strap like £120.

I also have a Raymond weil, not sure how much ill wear that now though.

there are a few odd and annoying things about the watch, you can watch youtube videos on it and transfer photos onto it. but if someone sends you a photo in whatsapp you cant view it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Apple Watch was going for £220 recently on HUKD.

I wear my smartwatch every day... but still change it over for my 'proper' watch when I'm going out at the weekend.

It has basically come down to three uses for me though (after 9 months of usage)
  • Pedometer - Very useful. Yes my iPhone has one too but it's not as accurate and I found I never used it. It being there on your wrist forces me into it :smile:
  • Email/Skype/text/Twitter - It's easy to get used to receiving messages and reading them without getting your phone out. Only annoying thing is the character limit!
  • Alarm - I'm aware lots of regular watches have alarms too but setting one on a smartwatch is so easy, and it's nice to get a subtle vibration that no one else knows is going off