ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a new Blackberry, got a few q's??

Abarth Grande Punto
Just got a Blackberry 8310 on vodafone and ive got a few issues!

I am trying to download Facebook application and i get as far as the download bar and click next and nothing happens. It is driving me mad as i have tried this so many times!!

Any Blackberry Pros help??

Its my first one so i have no idea how to use it!!:eek:

Abarth Grande Punto
this may sound like a stupid question but do you have to download on phone or can i download on laptop and then transfer

Clio Sport 172
Are you using blackberry emulation mode?

Try downloading it on your computer (not sure if you can) then transfering it using the cables & software.

Dont get an iphone. Worst mistake you could make. Although I do like the youtube application. But thats the only reason to get one. Its like carrying around a brick in your pocket.

Fabia vRS
the blackberry facebook app is shockingly bad, it doesn't really do that much, the only thing you can view is peoples status updates, view your friends list, invite a friend, poke someone, write on a wall, or send a message. you can't view your own wall or view peoples profiles. it's useless.

i had it installed on my old blackberry and then when i got my new blackberry i did a transfer and it came across then. when i installed it on my old one i just pressed on the link and it downloaded and installed.

Clio Sport 172
try going on your browser on your phone. and goto the web address. www.facebook.com

login with your email and password. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see "Download the new facebook application for blackberry"

Takes a few seconds to load then scroll right down

If you want to know what browser mode your in. Open your browser and go Menu>Options>>Browser Config>Emulation Mode BLACKBERRY

Fabia vRS
i love my 8310 curve, it's feel more comfortable to carry round in a pocket than my n95 even though it's wider.

Haha. You haven't got one, have you?

Tried and tested

Suprised you think it's a brick. My main issue with getting one was the size - it looked/felt massive.. but after getting one, it's no different carrying it around than my RAZR2 was.

The size is an easy thing to pick up on.. but it's thin.. in terms of space, the N95 is more of a brick, but people never complain about the size of that.

I guess people buy the phone they are happy with - if they don't like it, they change it.. easy.

Anyway, we don't want another iPhone Vs Everything thread.. so back to getting Facebook installed :p

Abarth Grande Punto
i have yet to get the bolt on for push email etc would that make a difference??

I tried out the Vodafone Sat Nav earlier, its wicked!!

Clio Sport 172
i have yet to get the bolt on for push email etc would that make a difference??

I tried out the Vodafone Sat Nav earlier, its wicked!!

Really? My orange one doesnt work. Have you managed to get the application working yet? Gmail too is also a good application. There the only 2 applications I have installed on mine.

Can anyone recommend any?

BMW F31
just got my 8310 curve, updated my tariff to get the o2 unlimited bolt on so i get push email, web browsing etc etc.

just waiting for it to be setup then i'm adding my hotmail to push to my phone and my work email. also added a couple of games and some wallpapers. also upgraded the os to 4.5.0.55 which has made it a lot quicker too.

crackberry.com is a good place to start.

BMW F31
cant get the bold as i was already on a contract since april, gotta wait till next march to upgrade but couldnt hack using the LG secret anymore. so buggy and annoying. so opted for a blackberry to tide me over :)