ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google G1!

Scirocco GT 2.0
Hi Folks

I got a Google G1 today, just going though the initial setup at the moment.

Anyone else have one of these? If so what tips do you have and what good applications do you have?

I will be installing the exchange server app later :)

Scirocco GT 2.0
I'm loving it so far!

Very speedy and battery life isn't bad either with WiFi and 3G etc on all the time.

Internet Browser is quick, downloading applications etc is quick. There are loads of free apps and games. Barcode reader is good fun and handy! I've already used it once in Tesco, scanned a DVD in and found it cheaper online there and then and bought it! Touch screen is very responsive, keyboard is brilliant. Streetview and Google maps works a treat as does GPS although I haven't done much with it yet. Syncing with my gmail account works well.

Downloaded compass, spirit level, shazam, sky map, Gmote so I can access computer files and play them or control the laptop from the phone. Also a app which finds cheaper numbers when dialing premium numbers like 0870.
All I have to do now is wait until a decent exchange program is released and i'll be very happy!

Still loads more to play with.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Wow its so tempting by the sounds of it. I have to choose a new phone in the next day or 2 and its the G1 or the Vario (again). If only it had tomtom or something available:(.