ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good wet tyres

172cup turbo & rx8
just bought a 172cup for the wife as a winter runaround and the front tyres are shocking in the wet or dry, plenty of tread left just poor "Event WL905":S in 195/45's

anyway without abs i want somthing that is going to give her good grip especially in the wet, we have bridgestone 050's on our rx8 and there fantastic however i have read good things about "rainsports"

also would a upgrade to 205 width be worthwhile, dont mind the extra cost as long as it is justifiable

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ive just put a full set of Toyo Proxes T1r 195/50/15 on my derv bus, and from what it had on there its a vast improvement!

Even the other half has given it some poke round roundabouts and its take a fair bit to get it to step out. Also for £156 for all 4, delivered not to bad on price either!

EDIT: I wanted Uniroyal Rainsport2's but everywhere was out of stock :(

Last edited:
  Skoda fabia Vrs
Those events are budgets mate so would get them off asap. Hankook v12 seem to get the best reviews the now tbh.

Also what about Continental sp 3's? Got them on my Twingo RS and there great tyres!!

Lionel Richie
yes i would suggest going to 205/45 16, but rainsports are certainly not (IMO) sporty in the rain, i hate them

Hankook V12 Evo's

172cup turbo & rx8
i use to have toyos on my old astra and they where piss poor so i want to stear clear really

Lionel Richie
its horses for courses, i love Toyo, hate uniroyal, love khumo and hankook, so so with michelin, goodyear suck etc etc, its what you like that matters

b/g 182, meg tourer
i really like the hankook v12's i have. great all round tyre. i found the t1-r a pretty good all round tyre too but i think it made the car feel a little wobbly?? i refuse to buy pe2's because there are just as good tyres on the market for a cheaper price.

T1-R's are ok in the wet, Had Rainsport 2's aswell thought they were ok.

Eagle F1's were a cracking tyre all round but not sure if you can get them now.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
conti sport contacts 2 or even better 3s are winning all the tyre awards at the moment and came out top on the wet weather tests.

event tyres are budgets no wonder they are crap. im not a fan of toyos alot better tyres other there for the same money.

172 cup
Toyo t1-r's are alrite in the wet up until they drop below 4mm, running them on the cup at the min. Just ordered some hancook v12's to try as I wanted something better for the wet/winter

KHUMO KU31

We now have full sets on both the A3 and the TT and they're just awesome. I really can't fault them at all.

clio 172, 2002
i have continental conti sport contact tyres and these are awsome in wet and dry conditions i would definatly recommend them