ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good TV for £3-400?

Trophy #491
I move in to a new place on Friday and could do with buying a new TV for the lounge. As I've spent far too much money this month Im only looking to spend £3-400 for a 40" (ish) TV. I know this money isnt going to get me much. What do people recommend?

So far i've seen - http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/39ln540v/lg-39ln540v

or this - http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl39b6b/pana-txl39b6b

I have the top one but 32" in my bedroom. Would recommend very good TV :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
There's a discount store opened near me called JTF (I think) which is pretty much like Makro although easier to get free membership. I think they have quite a few warehouses throughout the county.

They've got a special promotion on a Phillips 42" 1080p HD LED LCD 100 htz with various hdmi's, PC out etc and had freesat (or freeview) built in which I believe is HD.

I'm guessing its an older model but it's only £199!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Not wishing to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm currently looking for a replacement for my Samsung, as mine has suffered the dreaded 'capacitor plague' - google it.

Newer models like yours are ok iirc, but it's more their behaviour / diabolical customer service and outright refusal to repair their product, despite having a proven electrical design flaw. Mine failed in 2 years. I'll never buy Samsung again as a result.

172 Cup
Thanks.

Just ordered that one. :)

Nice, i have a cheaper model samsung thats only 60Hz and not 'Smart' and I paid £320 from argos about 6 months ago. Very happy with my purchase but that looks a good one. I suppose any electrical device could have issues but i'v had no problems so far so fingures crossed it stays that way.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 52" Samsung plasma in my living room, as said above, with the slimmer bezel, it doesn't look bad at all.

Nice tv too, cost me about £400 from tesco at the start of the year - an extra £100 would get you 3D, but I never bothered as it's only a temporary tv until we decorate, then I can move it into my spare room and build my man cave :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the whole 'but the biggest you can afford' vibe. Massive TV's in small houses, or even worse bedrooms (unless you're 17) is just a bit, I dunno.

Your TV should never be bigger than your book case, lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the 40" Sammy one from Argos. Got delivered on Saturday and its perfect tbh.

Clio 197
bought this ( http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln575v/lg-42ln575v ) a week ago for £430, seems like they have put the price up now though, because of the "free" 5 year warranty the b******s. maybe you can still find it at that price though?
Brilliant tv, blu-rays are pretty epic on it and the smart aspect of it is pretty fun to use. download the app on your iPhone and use your phone as a keyboard and mouse making it effectivley a 42" computer.

If im honest I only buy LG tvs and maybe sony, but LG make the best tvs by a long shot.

bought this ( http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln575v/lg-42ln575v ) a week ago for £430, seems like they have put the price up now though, because of the "free" 5 year warranty the b*****ds. maybe you can still find it at that price though?
Brilliant tv, blu-rays are pretty epic on it and the smart aspect of it is pretty fun to use. download the app on your iPhone and use your phone as a keyboard and mouse making it effectivley a 42" computer.

If im honest I only buy LG tvs and maybe sony, but LG make the best tvs by a long shot.

LG also make the majority of screens for the other big players. LG are the only screens I buy though!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
All set up and perfect..:D

PANO_20131015_081458_zpsf84e85b8.jpg