ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good deal

dk

911 GTS Cab

if you cant aford a 172 then this is the next best thing (never driven a valver so cant comment), used to own one, excellent car and that seems like a good deal to me.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i agree, the insurance is stupid, when I had mine I used Admiral and they were the most competitive

Seems a bit mucjh your looking at paying £4.5k to exchange your car for a 106. Is it realy worth it?

Also my mate mate (always the story isnt it) sold his GTi for 5k same sort of age bit more milage but slight damage to the door which would cost a hundred or so to fix.

my mate just part exed his 106gti on a w reg with 30k on for 6k (at a honda garage as hes just got an s2000) that was also bright yellow!! but had a s/s exhaust & ik,

so yeah i would do it, (if the car is straight) but id also try to get a cheaper quote, my mate was 20 when he got his & paid 1300 f/c with a couple of years ncd

i have no no claims, also, admiral and elephant quote exactly the same, to the penny. however, i got a bit curious and wondered what would happen if i put my mum as 2nd driver, and it went down to 1600 from 2000, what the hell!?

how would it cost be 4.5k to change to a 106? id have to pay for the extra, which would be 700, which would come from gettin the money back from the 9 months left on my existing insurance policy, then i would only have new insurance to pay, which is £1600ish, not bad i thought? thats only few weeks work in summer i reckon?

hmmm, choices choices choices!

mike

GW Clio 200

Try http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com I guarantee that you will find cheaper insurance

When an insurance company giv eyou a ludicrous quote like that it means that they are not prepared to insure you, Im confident that you will get as better deal here.

Also www.moneysavingexpert .com will tell you that you are better off going on your parents insurance. what you are paying is extortionate.

Quote: Originally posted by mikesclio on 14 March 2004

i have no no claims, also, admiral and elephant quote exactly the same, to the penny. however, i got a bit curious and wondered what would happen if i put my mum as 2nd driver, and it went down to 1600 from 2000, what the hell!?

how would it cost be 4.5k to change to a 106? id have to pay for the extra, which would be 700, which would come from gettin the money back from the 9 months left on my existing insurance policy, then i would only have new insurance to pay, which is £1600ish, not bad i thought? thats only few weeks work in summer i reckon?
The reason its cheaper with your parents on it is because your such a high risk driver they recon if you dont drive the car all the time ie your parents have it then there less risk of an accident. On my insurance they wanted £200 more for adding anyone else it depends on the company.

It may cost you £4.5k as your have to pay extara for insurance next yr and the year after and the yr after that plus the 106 may need tyres quicker and more expensive road fund sooner.