ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Cheap Alpine HU

Hi All. Im looking for a good Alpine head unit to go into My 172 cup and this fits my budget perfectally. All i want to do is make my after market Infinity Reference Coxials in the doors sound better. At the moment they sound poo running off the standard HU. This one will look good in the centre console i think. I mite eventally put in an Infinity Basslink 2 sub in the boot if i want a tad bit more bas aswell.

Can you please give me your opinions on this one below please. Anyone got one? Many thanks

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4525.html

Clio 182
Hi,

As a brand Alpine are well respected and I personally would only look at them. Looking at the features there is not allot of oppertunity to upgrade, only one pre out would make life hard should you wish to amp your speakers (Highly recommended) I do admit Alpine do have so many models it can make choosing hard work!.

If you are after a reliable basic unit I think you have made a good choice!

Rich

wouldnt the head unit improve the bass anyway. I would only want to add a bass tube though. Ive gone past all that stage of having a big sound system.

Clio 182
Hi Ollzie,

Adding a more powerful headunit should drive the speakers better so the sound quality should improve throughout the sound range, however most aftermarket coaxial speakers work better with a dedicated amp as they are able to drive the speakers better.

I have had the Infinity referance before and to be honest they are not designed for bass, they are designed for clarity. They are a good chocie of speaker and I would recommend a Sub/bass tube to round off the sound nicely. Vibe do some all in one sub/amps so you dont have to mess around wireing lots of things up.

Hope my rant helped!

Rich :)

Polo + Micra
yeah you can.

just means you'd have to buy a Y-spliter for the phonos if you wanted to and an amp later for the fronts

Polo + Micra
it's just a cable that goes on the the end of one set of phonos to give you two sets

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Get yourself the 9850 RI. It looks very similar to that model, is a little more colourful but has full Ipod connectivity. Can be had for around £150.