ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good age...?

UR 197
i want to have a 172 ph1/2 by march, ill be 18 and will have over 1years NCB, need advice on ways to achieve this please? and knowledge on prices?:)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You don't need advice, are you willing to spend 2K plus on insurance? If you are then you can buy one.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yes, anything is possible, just depends how deep your pockets are.

IMO 18 is too young to have a car like that. Too much power, they are expensive for young people to insure for a reason.

UR 197
cheers ronnie ill check them out,
and its not to young, if your responsible and not an idiot on the road ittl be fine, for obvious reasons insurance is high for 18 year olds, but some of us are good :D

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
This is true, but 98% of 18 year olds are the opposite. You may be one of the 2% in which case I feel bad for you.

Audi S1
Tbh James. I would personally wait, I got a 172 at 18 and they are expensive. There will be a time (even now for me and I earn decent) where you have to put your car first before going out with your mates. Cambelt is about £450, petrol is £50 to fill up (I get 23-25mpg) which means I get 220 miles a tank. Brakes all round is around £300. I'd really think about it before you get one.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I remember the feeling, I wanted a fast car more than anything else. I wouldn't listen to anyone who said to wait and save your money, but when you look back on it and add up what you spend in a year, and it is double what the car is worth you regret it.

Audi S1
I remember the feeling, I wanted a fast car more than anything else. I wouldn't listen to anyone who said to wait and save your money, but when you look back on it and add up what you spend in a year, and it is double what the car is worth you regret it.

Yeah same. I added up all the money I have spent on cars, insurance, petrol and everything else and it come in over 20k! Probably minimal to some people though lol

Clio rs 200
The Clio 1.4 is good for what it is. If you have an older relative try putting them on your insurance as a named driver. Could bring it down quite abit. That's what I do I'm 21 and it's 620 fully comp in my 200 and that's with my nan as a named driver.

Listerine & Poledo
Even if the insurance doesn't rape you, the running costs will good buddy.

Serosly, as tempting as it is, just stick to low-group cars and dont get drawn into trying to make them into something they're not.

You want to have a nice car and everything, that's understandable, but if you give it just a couple more years you'll be able to save the money you're on the verge of forking over (hand-over-fist) and plough it into something newer and have less of a fight on your hands with insurers.

I had a really to55y Corsa Diesel for the first 5 years I was driving, cost nothing to run, and progressively less to insure. After 5 years of having what was, in the end, a really nasty jalopy, I was able to spend my money on a little coupe and get decent insurance owing to the fact that I had no chance of racing anything or other associated hoonage and thusly built up a fully-protected no claims discount.

Don't blow your wad early sir, a common mistake of young men these days.

Oh, also, since I hadn't blown money on the Corsa trying to make it "cool" with alloys, exhausts or any of that b0llocks, I was able to sell it on for a decent sum. Small diesel motors were seeminglyworth their weight in platinum!

UR 197
Even if the insurance doesn't rape you, the running costs will good buddy.

Serosly, as tempting as it is, just stick to low-group cars and dont get drawn into trying to make them into something they're not.

You want to have a nice car and everything, that's understandable, but if you give it just a couple more years you'll be able to save the money you're on the verge of forking over (hand-over-fist) and plough it into something newer and have less of a fight on your hands with insurers.

I had a really to55y Corsa Diesel for the first 5 years I was driving, cost nothing to run, and progressively less to insure. After 5 years of having what was, in the end, a really nasty jalopy, I was able to spend my money on a little coupe and get decent insurance owing to the fact that I had no chance of racing anything or other associated hoonage and thusly built up a fully-protected no claims discount.

Don't blow your wad early sir, a common mistake of young men these days.

Oh, also, since I hadn't blown money on the Corsa trying to make it "cool" with alloys, exhausts or any of that b0llocks, I was able to sell it on for a decent sum. Small diesel motors were seeminglyworth their weight in platinum!

thanks ill keep that in mind, it is truely tempting yes but maybe your right to simply wait :)

and yeah maybe i should add my nan,mum and auntie all on my insurance and go with admiral (i heard there good) save some cheeky wonga for the meantime

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ nah, it acutally cheaper than insuring a proper sport apparantly, i havnt seen that as i didnt bother checking and just did the conversion, but it pays off with cheaper tax, and running gear, i did everything myself so iv saved a few dosh :)

Listerine & Poledo
If you're putting people on your insurance, they do need to actually drive it from time to time though you know! :)

I had to face up to paying out 1800 a year on the 1.5 non-turbo corsa for the first year of ownership, that hurt a lot, I did think "hell, it's only a little more for...." but was swiftly knocked back when i realised I could spend that money on other things.

Listerine & Poledo
thats sweet ! well good idea :)

whoa there!

if renault can't build a 1x2 that stays in one piece, what chance does some random garage with a mallet and some spanners have!

oh, and parts will only be cheaper if you'd like to run 1.2 brakes and suspension on it, which, I can only imagine, is the quickest way to the scene of the accident.

Also, remember, one day you wont want that car and want to sell it.

E36 M3 Evo, Clio 172
i want to have a 172 ph1/2 by march, ill be 18 and will have over 1years NCB, need advice on ways to achieve this please? and knowledge on prices?:)
i got a quote on a 182 just before i was 18 i had been driving two years (16 to drive in the IOM) and i quoted £7000 a year that was for an 05 one and saying it was worth £5500

Rusty Cup
Start saving :eek:

(this is with 1 years no claims)

Screenshot2010-09-29at194244.png

Vw caddy tdi
When I was a lad clio 16v's were far to expensive to buy 7-10k cliosports didnt even exist! remember when a female teacher at my school won a brand new williams1 in a competition! Lucky for me 5gt's were every where and every college boys dream a 1.4 and 500-900 to insure with 1 years no claims bonus, happy dayz more boooooost:eek: