ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goldeneye!!

Goliath I
Well sort of... a remake of such...

Not much info yet, bet to be released in November...

E3 2010: Nintendo 64 classic reimagined for Nintendo's console this winter with four-player split-screen local multiplayer, online multiplayer, updated visuals, Daniel Craig as Bond.
LOS ANGELES--At Nintendo's 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo media briefing this morning, Reggie Fils-Aime announced that Goldeneye 007 will arrive exclusively for the Wii this November.
A two-minute trailer for the game was shown, revealing that the remake will include updated visuals, four-player split-screen multiplayer, and new game modes. Although the original GoldenEye 007 featured Pierce Brosnan in the leading role, today's trailer revealed current Quantum of Solace actor Daniel Craig as the leading man.
GoldenEye 007 is hitting the Wii this November.

Goldeneye 007 for the Wii will also include online multiplayer, a functionality its N64 cousin could not offer. In addition, players will be able to take part in 16 game modes, including GoldenEye 007 N64 favorites Paintball, Melee Only, and You Only Live Twice. On top of that, players can square off against each other in the game's adversarial modes, with the roster including eight characters from the revered Bond classic, as well as 40 other unnamed virtual soldiers.
The game is currently in development at Eurocom under the banner of Activision, the publisher that currently holds the license to create James Bond titles.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265641/goldeneye-007-staring-down-wii-in-november

RIP Dan
Saw this the other day on some forum, the USA Nintendo guy said they were trying to get the Rare issue sorted to get the original issued on Virual Console on the Wii.

A red missile
Goldeneye was the reason to buy an N64, Super smash bros was the reason to wear out the controller - still got mine somewhere :)

57 Clio Campus Sport
I've got Goldeneye plugged in the back of my tv as we speak, haven't been on it in a while though, the exact same game, in HD, on 360 would be AWESOME!

Yeah because the N64 was a HD powerhouse...

Fingers crossed it's as good as the original!

The N64 was the best of its generation though, the wii isn't.

I can't help but feel 'classics' should be left to rest in peace and not tarnished with some crappy remake that lets face it we know won't live up to the hype/expectations.

Mito Sportiva 135
The N64 was the best of its generation though, the wii isn't.

I can't help but feel 'classics' should be left to rest in peace and not tarnished with some crappy remake that lets face it we know won't live up to the hype/expectations.

What he said. Not just for games, but other forms of media, it's best to keep the fond memories and how good it was at the time - Goldeneye will seem antiquated and I don't think higher resolutions will change anything. Just a cash in really, but sure it will do ok still sales wise.

Goliath I
Im looking forward to it. Still bust out the old Goldeneye now and again so looking forward to see what this offers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Semi'd up.

Still the best multi-player ever made.

Nissan 350z
Multiplayer with Paintball mode and Big Heads i seem to remember? Lols insued.

Also the "Man with the Golden Gun" game mode used to make me so angry haha.

Coupe/Defender V8
tbh

why?

Golden Eye was good on N64, that's where it should stay. Control system played a large part and it was brilliant for the era. I'd much prefer just playing the original again

Just another cash can

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see it working on the wii but i'll give it a go.

On a side note I think perfect dark was possibly better multi-player?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols!

I just rig a room with about a millions mines and watch the xplosion ensue!

Yaris Hybrid
Wasted on Wii.

Would prefer an Xbox Marketplace version like Perfect Dark. Same game, better graphics, improved controls for two sticks and chuck in some coop etc.

Goliath I
goldeneye_6.jpg

goldeneye_5.jpg

goldeneye_2.jpg

A few shots... doesn't look to bad... for a wii game

As long as it plays well, utilizing the wii mote effectively then it could look like the original and I wouldn't care

Mito Sportiva 135
Sadly things have moved on quite a lot since Goldeneye, this may be in danger of ruining all those cherished memories...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Who got the second mission to be unlocked? The 00 agent 1? I could get the secret agent but not the final one.

I got the N64 out the other day.. special edition with Gold Controller for the release of GoldenEye. ;-)

Graphics *aren't* bad, but they're not as good as I remember.. then I saw it was released in 1997!!! Ridiculous! I can see why it was so immense back then.. great game.

And oddly, I can remember every single part of the game.. was great playing it again.

Wii version might be cool - it also has online play.. which is awesome ;-)

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if I want it or not!

Maybe best left in the past?

BMW F31
I got the N64 out the other day.. special edition with Gold Controller for the release of GoldenEye. ;-)

Graphics *aren't* bad, but they're not as good as I remember.. then I saw it was released in 1997!!! Ridiculous! I can see why it was so immense back then.. great game.

And oddly, I can remember every single part of the game.. was great playing it again.

Wii version might be cool - it also has online play.. which is awesome ;-)

Lol I did this a few months back whilst clearing out my loft, couldn't get over how s**t the graphics were, boxes for hands etc lol, then like you, realised the release date.

i may get this for the Wii but depends how it plays, does anyone know if it will use the Wiimote or the additonal joypad which you use for Mario64 etc?

Mito Sportiva 135
Who got the second mission to be unlocked? The 00 agent 1? I could get the secret agent but not the final one.

Yeh I did, it was the Temple one IIRC, with Baron Samedi? When you knew the pattern for the floor bit though the level itself was not that hard. Aztec on 00 Agent mode remains one of the hardest console experiences of my life I think, was bloody hard - and then the fight with Jaws. Control was also double hard on 00 Agent, used to hate the bit protecting Natalia when she is hacking the PCs.

I think the only cheat I didn't get was the one on Facility which was like 2.20 seconds on 00 Agent. I still have no idea how to do that!