ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gold ph1 non-sport

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hey everyone,

After carrying out a dramatic transformation in the last month of my ph1 non-sport in renault gold/yellow I thought I should post up photos of how its changed throughout my three years ownership and how she finally looks right now!

So it started out as your basic specification 1.2 8v Grande RN... Incredibly boring, check out the awesome wheel trims

DSCN1473.jpg

and the awful rear lexus lights and my fresh R plates as I had just past my test at 17

DSCN1476.jpg

Shortly after my first few months of ownership and discovering cliosport I made the usual simple ph1 additions which included 40mm lowering springs, dynamique alloy wheels and spoiler, ph2 rear lights, dual optic headlights, clear side repeaters, a HID kit and also a set of plates with a different font.

IMAG0061-1.jpg

back.jpg

The car stayed like this up until relatively recently now in my final year of university, I opted to enjoy student life for 2 years of my course living in the city of Belfast in student halls during my first year then in a house with good friends the second so I didn't have much cash spare to input into the car. Things changed though and I chose to live at home and travel to university this year thus I had money spare. I turned 21 over the summer in July and contemplated buying a friends immaculate ph2 172 but after pricing up insurance and adding up general running costs it just wasn't financially viable :(

So I decided to stick with what I have and wait another few years until I've graduated etc and no doubt I'll be able to splash out on something even better than a 172 then!

I've always known that my car has the potential to be something really unique with the right changes made and of course down to its colour so I decided to show her some epic love opting for a euro approach and got my hands on the following bits all very cheap as I didn't want to spend too much :)

A set of Spax coilovers for a ph2 so I had to carry out the necessary hub conversion, major thanks to the user 'Struggler' on here for his guide he posted up and also the inspiration I got from his awesome ph1!

IMG_0668.jpg

An absolutely mint set of BBS RS reps I scored on eBay in the last minute of an auction which came with new 195/50/15 tyres

IMAG0270.jpg

Things didn't stop there, I was put into contact with a person local to me who could make up aerosol cans of my cars paint (mv302) which spurred me on to colour code my dynamique spoiler and a set of ph2 side strips I picked up!

IMAG0218-1.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

It became quickly obvious that the 195/50 tyres on the wheels weren't ideal at all scrubbed big time so after some research of other slammed cars on here I found that 165/50s were the most popular choice so I swiftly got some of these in Nankangs fitted all round. I also got a fabia splitter copying another user on here and his monaco ph1 'Gary-clio' and a set of clean plates.

So here is how she looks now :D

PA090575.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

PA090580.jpg

PA090579.jpg

PA090571.jpg

PA090577.jpg

PA090578.jpg

PA090573.jpg

Theres plenty of thread left on both the front and rear coilovers to drop it lower but I've went for a sensible and practical height for now anyway :p

Thanks for checking out my post :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Needs to be a little lower imo but other than that it looks great!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like that, a lot!

Just needs to come down another 20mm and maybe a bit of camber and some spacers.

Great first car though!

Nice and simple, I like that. Needs to be lower but you're getting there. You'll soon get bored of sensible ride height anyway.

Well done on getting rid of that s**t font on the number plates from the second set of pics, no idea why everybody in NI seems to love it.

Petrol Blue 182.
Looks great bud! ph2 strips work well.

I also like the black trim on the bumpers, breaks the gold up well.

As said, wind the rear down a slight tad more and it will be spot on.

We'll done for not going too scene/needy with the whole thing, stupid colours etc. Looks nice and fresh.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely little car, looks brilliant!

as above though, needs to be lower to pull of the stretch look completely

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Thanks a lot for your comments so far :D

In response to the most common feedback, I will be adjusting the coilovers all round to bring the ride height down a touch more soon!
The rear wiper will be coming off as well, hoping to pick up a blank for it off here/fabricate my own or alternatively just put a bung in the one I have.
I did consider changing the rear bumper for a sport one so I looked at other non-sports with it fitted but I seemed to prefer the standard one.
The next bits that I would love to colour code are the door handles and possibly the side mirrors :)

172 cup
Looks good, really like that colour. And I agree think the back bumper looks good as it is, just paint the handles and mirror if I were you

Bora.
Looks like the older brother of my old clio, as everyone else said lower it more and your onto a winner, the sports bumper from a ph2 will clean up the rear a bit, this is my ph2 with sports bumper or comparison....
dirtyclio2.jpg

dirtyclio4.jpg

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Incredible car, i personally wouldnt change a thing especially the rear bumper as the the black nicley breaks the gold up imo.

I think due to the cars simplicity this is among the best looking on the forum

Top work and pretty inspirational

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Looks like the older brother of my old clio, as everyone else said lower it more and your onto a winner, the sports bumper from a ph2 will clean up the rear a bit, this is my ph2 with sports bumper or comparison....

Haha distant relation, I like it :) Definitely one of my favourite ph2's!

I've honestly been overwhelmed by some of the awesome comments you guys have posted, can't thank you enough :)

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I'm not usually a fan of these sort of mods, but I love this car. Looks great!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
The centre pipe of my exhaust system has been hanging low due to a damaged mount so its been catching on speed bumps recently. Left the car in with my mechanic whilst I've been at uni today to get it sorted which means the c-spanner is coming out of the toolbox later tonight :)

Expect updated pictures soon!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Update: 07/02/2013

Very few changes bar from colour coding my fog surrounds and fitting FK euro rear lights that I absolutely love! Apart from those I've just been enjoying the car as I don't intend to spend any more money on it in terms of mods as I would prefer to save towards a 182 or Fiesta ST in the future :)

9194442472_8f2830d868.jpg

9191646975_1af6317da5.jpg

9194442688_e7ff0b4b41.jpg

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Thought I'd share my recent photos on here :)

Follow me on instagram (gavin_collins) if you want to see a few more!

12487752264_a60fb69c28_b.jpg

12487747664_903199c359_b.jpg

12487744254_53b36bf54d_b.jpg

Attachments

• 12487752264_a60fb69c28_c.jpg
    12487752264_a60fb69c28_c.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 12487752264_a60fb69c28_b.jpg
    12487752264_a60fb69c28_b.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 102

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
So nice to see something different, looks so clean and simple. Seems like you have a decent head on your shoulders with how you've done things, a pleasant read and an amazing looking Clio

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's lovely now the coilovers have been wound down :)

Not too sure about the rear lights though mate.