ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to test drive the new 200 today

Renault Clio 182 BG
I adore my 172 cup but a very long story short I have a 3 week old picanto I no longer need and think on P/Xing both in for the 200. Although I will most likely go for a second hand 200 or might even entertain a tidy 197.

I don't know a lot about the new ones other then their 1.6 turbo'ed units. I really think I'm going to be disappointed though, I love the way the cup feels to drive and to be brutally honest I don't want it to go but I'd like to know for definite that the newer model isn't better.
Is there anyone that's gone from a 172/182 to the lastest model? I feel it's going to be completely different kettle of fish!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 200 (not edc) I have driven both 1*2's & the new edc car.

Try it & make your own mind up mate, I personally am not a fan. Did not like the gearbox one bit, the engine is good enough & the interior is a fair bit better than my car though.

Didn't feel as nimble as the old 200 & it wasn't as much fun to drive. All IMO ofcourse.

I also feel that it looks just like the standard clio, when we went out on the test drive, I honestly had to look for the badge to work out which was which, after I saw the badge I could see the difference, but it really isn't obvious IMO

Renault Clio 182 BG
The sales man lied, didt have a new one in to drive with i was i bit miffed at but i drove the old 200. Not a fan, no sense of occasion and feels too tame. I suppose it dont help that the test drive only included urban and motorway driving no proper roads so i didt get a real feel for the car but from the brakes are too over servo'ed, the steering was oddly weighted and i felt like i was sat ontop, no real feedback from anything. To be honest i could of been driving a run of mill fast petrol, didt have the spark mine has.

Ah well it was something to do!