ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going from a Cup to Full fat?

i've done the opposite

really miss the xenon headlights as do the majority of my driving at nightime. FF is also considerably quieter on the motorway too

other than that cup = win

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I love the look of the cup and the fact that renault spent real time making weight savings.

But i do like my toys.If you can get a cup with cc then thats the best route i think.

I've switched to a 182 FF for my daily driver. Keeping the cup for track etc. I did 105k in the cup.

Initially I thought I wasn't going to like the 182 FF as it was a bit quiet and refined but now I like it. Although auto wipers are crap, cup way is much better! But I do still have the cup for some more raw fun.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've gone from a Ph1 172 to a Cup and I only miss the 'look' of the seats - I fnid the Cup seats more comfortable for the majority of my journeys.

I would like better headlights though, the Cup's a truly awful.

No such thing as a 172 FF!

I think its a pointless move TBH. You'll gain weight and a few toys.

What made you buy the Cup in the first place?

PH2 172
Cuz at the time i didnt know much about sports as had only just turned 19 and didnt know until a few weeks later that the Cup was a lighter version of the sport. Is there not a 172 FF ok then a 172 with the xenons and leather?

172cup
ive never owned a 172, only a 172cup... but i've driven loads.

Without going into the same grounds covered by every single person on here, i would seriously stick with the cup.

M2 Competition
Stick with the cup. Get some leather seats from a 172 ff ;) , or a 182, and whack some halfords super brilliance headlight bulbs (these are like night and day from standard bulbs!)

In fact, perfect 172 would be a cup with cc, h&r's, a set of trophy recaros and said bulbs.

PH2 172
Yea i love my cup cuz of the colour but i just fancied a change and iv always fancied the leather xenons etc just dont like the wheels so would have to be sat on turinis then slammed

I wouldnt be swapping dude tbh.

You can get xenons and leather 2nd hand for probably about £500..

Or some Recaros from an Evo and some headlight bulbs like FakeDan suggests.

RS mk2 172
[

What made you buy the Cup in the first place?[/QUOTE]

Probably because it was about three grand cheaper to buy in the first place.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
I dont seem to find any probs with the lights on the cup at all and i drive in the dark all the time!? Must just be me!

Stick with the cup m8!

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
3 grand?!?!?! 2nd hand, neva seen a price differance of that much!!! Plus i can speak for all cups drivers but i didnt buy a cup because of the cost saving!

PH2 172
I'd keep the cup, better drivers car, compared to the 172 IMO.

Yea i understand ya just wouldnt mind all the little extras now and if i did change to a 172 i would coilover it and put turinis on it and my exhaust and decat so would be that bad just need to get it remapped

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yea i understand ya just wouldnt mind all the little extras now and if i did change to a 172 i would coilover it and put turinis on it and my exhaust and decat so would be that bad just need to get it remapped

Well if you really want all of the toys the 172 has to offer, then i'd go for one.

PH2 172
Fletcher how do you find your 172 does it have good power still and feel nice to drive cuz dont you have coilovers

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Fletcher how do you find your 172 does it have good power still and feel nice to drive cuz dont you have coilovers

Since hitting 90k it pulls harder then ever, now on 100k and running very well [touches wood]

It's sat on H&R coilovers and handling is superb, much better then the standard set-up and pretty comfortable on long journeys too.

Although i do think the 172 cup is the better drivers car, there isn't a a lot in it in terms of real world performance.

172cup
^ looser is not a good term lol, especially as its a Renault.

I have visions of bolts falling out on the motorway everytime i hear the term loose engine lol

RS mk2 172
3 grand?!?!?! 2nd hand, neva seen a price differance of that much!!! Plus i can speak for all cups drivers but i didnt buy a cup because of the cost saving!

Sorry ....in the first place....as in new. How can you speak for everyone who bought a new cup?

PH2 172
I would if i had £800 to spare but these are in a group buy and have all had good reviews on them and i dont want anything for track or that just better handling that standard and slammed and the Gaz ghah or wat ever they are sound good for the price

PH2 172
I'd go for either H&R's or AST's

If i had the money and was bothered about how the ride was and was taking it on track loads i would but im running apex springs on my cup and loads people say bad things bout them and i love them dont care bout how harsh the ride is better over standard so gaz would be just fine for me they have on board adjustable damping