ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going back to Auto Glym ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
anyone else spent hundreds trying various new brands, usually blown out of proportion on DW, then gone back to AG for certain products ???

AG would never be my first choice across the board, the glass polish produces too much dust no matter how little you use, the shampoo doesnt foam up very much at all, but some products really are excellent

SRP, my go to polish when i cant be bothered with layering this that and the other, does everything pretty well in one bottle, and its pretty cheap too

BC, ive tried loads of others, been pretty happy with CG New Look, but today im planning a trip to Halfords to buy more BC

TD, i love the stuff, when i cant be bothered with gels that cake my hands in greasy shite, quick wipe to dry the tyres, spray on and leave to dry, also superb on engine bay plastics, a lot of the time just spray and leave to dry, forget about it

ITR, simply a good product that does exactly what it says it will

IS, cleans off general grub from the interior and doesnt leave any stains of its own that so many interior shampoos do

i could go on...

120d M Sport
Yes!

- APC seems to be the preferred interior cleaner on DW...I prefer AG Interior shampoo

- Found AG vinyl and rubber care to be better than 303 aerospace and far cheaper at that!

and the SRP, tar remover and glass polish are must haves ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
These acronyms really annoy me lol, cos when newbs like me try searching we have no hope.

I use the AG Super Resin Polish, very good IMO. Along with the tyre stuff and trim, mainly cos i can buy this stuff from Halfords.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh yeah i use th Extra Gloss Protection to, tis good.

Megane R26
BC?
TD?
ITR?
IS?
CG?

- Bumper Care
- Tyre Dressing
- Instant Tar Remover
- Interior Shampoo
- CG = Chemical Guys (a different brand)

I do agree with you though - I did a detail just using SRP and EGP a few months back and it looked awesome to be honest.

Even the shampoo is good if you're not a 'foam' man - it cleans well, is well lubricated and leaves a great finish.

I like Aqua Wax too - underrated product.

Mk4 .:R32
I always thought that AG Tyre Dressing was naff! Doesnt stay on that long at all. What other alternatives do people use?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I always thought that AG Tyre Dressing was naff! Doesnt stay on that long at all. What other alternatives do people use?

Agree

I once bought some stuff from the £1 shop, was epic!Never seen it again sadly.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
i nearly have their full collection! i like their paint renovator and prefer it to the much more expnsive meguairs paint cleaner!

usually start with the autoclay bar, then paint renovator, a couple of coats of srp then egp on top and it lasts a while! put it on glass and all! best shine iv had on my car yet!

106 GTi
The Leather Care always go to glossy for my liking, does not give the same O.E look as Zaino or Einszett.

As for AG, never stopped using it and never will, buy most the products in 5 litre sizes.

Staple products for me are

Super Resin Polish (Radiant Wax)
Extra Gloss Protection (Liquid Hardwax)
Tar Remover
Glass Polish
Vinyl And Rubber (Super Sheen)
Tyre Dressing (Rubber Plus)
Aqua Wax (Express Wax)

Megane R26
Rich, do you have Rubber Plus No 5 for tyre dressing? It's supposed to be very good?

Green colour on the metal can?

Golf R/Leon FR
always use AG products, no matter how many other products ive used in the past.

SRP, TD, EGP are my main ones ill never stop using

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
Best stuff for tyres i find is ..ArmorAll Tire Foam (that's how its spelt b4 i get chit lol)
spray it on and leave it ..cleans and shines for eons..
AG everything else (inc leather cleaner and cream is top stuff if used right)
Meguiars Scratch-X ..decent swirl shifter if you have swirly scratches on your car
Rain-X on the windscreen after a decent polish..havent used my wipers while in motion in probably 3 years even in thunder storms ...just runs off up onto the roof..

Skoda Fabia vRS
well as its 3 for 2 ive bought quite a few bits last night :eek:

Bumper Care, Aqua Wax (not tried it yet), Hi-Foam Interior Shampoo, Active Insect Remover (bought that for bird poops), Aquafresh, and some more Instant Tyre Dressing

Meg's endurance gold class tyre shine is the best i've found.
Super resin and glass polish are my favourite AG products.

Was a 197
Auto Glym stuff is good on non-metallic paintwork and used as a rejuvenator. The tar remover is superb, i use it on my alloys to get bits of s***e off that polish/pressure washer just won't. E&MC is another good un, spray it on, leave for a few mins and any crap should wipe off easy enough. Someone's already commented on the tyre dressing, some tyre dressing last for about a day, but AG lasts for some time. If u have a red car, SRP & EGP are the best ones to use as red suffers from paint gloom like s**t.

For budget, you can't get any better than Auto Glym IMO.

106 GTi
Rich, do you have Rubber Plus No 5 for tyre dressing? It's supposed to be very good?

Green colour on the metal can?

I do - listed it in my earlier post - very durable, always my choice on my daily drive 306.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I really rate the SRP EPG combo, always end up back with it after trying other brands (CG for instance). Also when looking over the trade products they seem to have the same products, but with different numbers after them? Whats that about?

Works...kind of...
SRP/EGP is excellent on light colours.

25-05-08038.jpg