ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God damn BMW drivers!!!

Z4 Coupe
Well, last night my beloved RB was shunted by a BMW driver not watching what he was doing! #

Cutting a long story short, he has accepted full liability and its all going through his insurance. Someone is coming to assess the damage and decide the way forward..

Any ideas as to what they will do? i.e fill it, change the panel, right the car off?

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Gutting feel for you dude, always loved RB's myself.

Sad to say with the current market and the value of these cars it will prob end up being a right off as the hole rear quarter will be replaced.

Lotus Elise
Sorry to hear this Andy, your car was lovely. I hope you can get it sorted, most likely thing will be to replace the panel I think.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I would of thought that couldn't be pushed out as the crease's are to close to the door line edge especially the bottom left crease.

Clio RS 182
This was a cat d only a shunt from a rav 4 but the man who fixed it only pulled the dent out and t cut,

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325346910.017356.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325346910.017356.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325346929.972982.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325346929.972982.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 53

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
noooo- Such a nice RB....

If you do get it repaired get it into GL coachworks sidcup-they do all my work & spraying

I may be able to get it in for you & done for Cash- although not if going through insurance
Steve

I'd want that written off TBH. Not sure if it can be pulled out properly. Probably, as the sill looks to be mostly untouched. It would defo require some filling though. You don't want it cutting out and replacing. People who say it's no big deal, have no idea how cars are put together.

Gutted BTW. Although I'm pretty sure it's not a reflection on BMW drivers?

I would say that will be written off! if so then buy it back get it repaired then a put a few quid in you're pocket.

Z4 Coupe
I reckon if it got written off, I'd buy her back and break.. Not sure what they would offer it back to me for though?

I'd say that's written off.

As for buying it back, few hundred at a guess/based on what other people pay.

Written off. Buy it back for £500. Get a dent man to pull it out the best he can. £4k in the bank for a rainy day.

Z4 Coupe

Written off. Buy it back for £500. Get a dent man to pull it out the best he can. £4k in the bank for a rainy day.

Best possible outcome:) Just such a shame:(

Clio

Can you be my insurance man.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that the only damage? I'd be suprised if that was written off.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well a new back wing (while quite labour intensive) is not a difficult job and the panel can't be all that expensive. From memory they are (list price) about £360+vat. If you said £1200 for paint and labour, thats still not going to write it off.

Failing that, knocking it back out and a dab of filler will no way on earth write it off.

I'd be very suprised.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah that's the only damage, made a nasty crease just inside the door though..

Seems like the general consensus is write off!

Just looked on the lap top and not only has it damaged the rear quarter the sill has been pushed in, although the sill can be repaired by pulling it out, the insurance prob want it replaced just as well as the quarter itself.

By it back after being paid out and get it repaired by a garage by getting it pulled out to the best they can and some filler and use it, or strip it.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
^^ happy days.

To the op think the worst, that way if it get repaired its a bonus but if the dredded did happen and was wrote off you're already prepped yourself for the news.

Good luck budd, such a shame just before the new year aswell. :(

Z4 Coupe
I've been away in France for the week so not updates this, I got a phone call from the garage to confirm they are going to repair the car and fit a new panel. I'll update with pictures :) :) I'm very happy!

Insist they replace the panel if you want to keep the car, they will try to blag you, but they have an obligation to repair your car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't miss it certainly.

Knowing the Clio insides like I do the last thing you want is a new panel.

Seriously the Clio is one of those cars you do not want a quarter panel fitted to. Not only is it so easy to tell it's had one, the after problems of water getting in behind the basecoat round the wheel arch are very common.

Just in my professional opinion i'd ask for it to be repaired. There is so much access behind the 1/4 trim it can be dressed to perfection so require minimal filler... if the guy on the job is good enough that is.

It's not a great job for a panel beater to do but neither is a quarter panel to fit.

Definitely food for thought.

Z4 Coupe
I'll know a lot more on Monday when I can give them a call and find out exactly what they plan on doing. One thing I am happy about is its going to a garage I know well so I'm very sure the job will be carried out thoroughly and carefully:)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you need anymore advice mate don't hesitate to pm me.

Hopefully it gets sorted quickly.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
That will repair. Labour intensive for sure but as Gally has said, its better than putting a new quarter on it. We've just repaired one on an Impreza STi which I thought would never repair nicely and it was way worse than yours.
Came out really well.....then again the panel beater we have is pretty much a Rembrandt when it comes to panel beating.