ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gnargh! Why are there no white ones!

Ive literally just spent the last 5 hours of my day off ringing round 10 pages of Yell.com to try and find a white door at a breakers yard in Essex and so far Ive only found one.

Which is rusty, has paint flaking and shopping dents apparently...

:cry:

I cant really afford to get a new door and get it sprayed as itll cost about £600 :-( And I cant claim off the insurance as theyll probably want to write it off and will charge me a fortune next year, especially if Im going to have points by then :-(

Why are there no white ones?? Im going to end up buying a whole car off ebay and keeping the bloody thing for spares at this rate...

don't

i know how you feel, i searched for ages for a met green wing, never got one

was quoted £250 to have one sprayed up so I left it, never got the colour you need

f**king hell £250!!!!

I paid £100 to have my bonnet badboyed, smoother and painted white.

Get a differnt colour door and drive around wiht it like that till you can afford to get it sprayed

^^^ Oh the shame!

lol

I have just spotted a possible ebay bargain but his photo-taking is sh*te and hes miles away so I cant go and look at it myself! :-S

I think Ill just have to leave it a while and see what comes up. The bloke reckons he might be able to knock it out and respray but it wont be the same as a straight door...

Thanks Patty - I thought this closet was getting a bit cramped so Ill come out and leave you in there until you feel ready, if thats alright? ;)

lmao :p

Door is pretty fooked tbh - Ill get some pictures up in a minute...

BMW M3 - For Sale!

if you buy a second hand door (any colour), then ill give you an address for a bodyshop round here (hertfordshire). they charge £100 for any panel to be fully resprayed into whatever colour you like.

theyve done my bonnet, front bumper and wings and its an A1 job! cant fault it whatsoever!

patty - you should know how long that that thing that normally only takes two minutes actually takes by now ;)

lol

Brad - is that spraying inside and out? Or just the external side? It could well be an option given my current state of poverty... lol

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

Cant they just pop it out?

My dad had a dent like that and they popped it out in literally 20secs.

Dont think so :-(

Paint is scraped and its folded the crease so dont think its that easy! The support bar behind the skin is bent as well and I imagine that would be impossible to straighten properly... :-(

Bloody morons.

Leave details, thats what your insurance is for you c*cks! Grrrr

have you taken the car to a body shop mate?
as Rip3z said it may just pop out ,id go along to one & see what they say,
a door sholud be about £25 plus respaying it about £100 (if you ended up getting one in another colour)

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

oooh, they valver wheels? sorry for slightly going off but where did you get them powder coated, any more pics, thats what i want on my white RT, sorry.

that dent doesnt look too serous, should be able to knock it out i reckon...

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by mattrt on 04 August 2005

oooh, they valver wheels? sorry for slightly going off but where did you get them powder coated, any more pics, thats what i want on my white RT, sorry.

that dent doesnt look too serous, should be able to knock it out i reckon...

i did them, theyre powdercoated in our charcoal colour with a diamond cut rim

ring me for a quote if youre interested 07769712624

Cheers for all the replies everyone.

MaLiCe is right though - he wins hands down against mine... LoL

Think Im going to take a trip up to jtrenaultuks place at some point as he says he has 3 in at the moment!

I actually wonder how come there is no Clio 172/182 in white too???

It should looks nice with black alloy.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

That could be popped out, had a much worse dent on my old phase one after it broke down in the middle of no where with no phone signal lol whoops!! popped it out, paint was fine, go to a decent bodyshop and they will sort that out ;)

Dave

My bloke said £250 to pop it out and respray it...

Might try elsewhere perhaps - might try Carisma and see if they can Pimp My Ride! Lmao :p