ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gmail Users, IMAP is here.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Gmail now has IMAP support.

This means several phone users can get blackberry style push email for free (providing you have the data plan and a compatible phone)

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=12760

Ive been testing it for a few days on my P1i and its great.

Works well in normal pc/mac clients too with all my labels replicated correctly.

Revels Mum & Sister
Blackberry FTW though Tom and you know that. Another pretender to the throne ;)

While taking a dump I was reading the new version of Windows Mobile due out next year will be compatible with Active Directory

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My P1i is compatible now as is the K850i (bizzarely)

And im also running BB connect (well i was but now the IMAP support is here i switched it off)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ok, do you have a data plan?

Because IMAP is always on.

Revels Mum & Sister
I am not talking connecting to a Exchange account. Straight the mag it says!

"Windows mobile devices are to be integrated with Active Directory, enabling enterprises to manage smart-phones using the same policies and infrastructure allready used to control Windows PC's according to Microsoft. The AD support will come in 2008 wuth a new version of the Windows mobile platform, plus a new server product called System centre mobile device manager 2008 (SCMDM)"

So I think the Gunn is wrong ;)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
My N95 (Symbian S60) just keeps looping between retreving and asking for username/password.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I am not talking connecting to a Exchange account. Straight the mag it says!

"Windows mobile devices are to be integrated with Active Directory, enabling enterprises to manage smart-phones using the same policies and infrastructure allready used to control Windows PC's according to Microsoft. The AD support will come in 2008 wuth a new version of the Windows mobile platform, plus a new server product called System centre mobile device manager 2008 (SCMDM)"

So I think the Gunn is wrong ;)

Sorry! i am!

Active Sync Exchange/Active Directory same thing lol! :clown:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My N95 (Symbian S60) just keeps looping between retreving and asking for username/password.

You configured SSL correctly? and the ports?

You also need to turn on IMAP in web gmail.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Ahhh probably the web side of things.

Configured it up word for word in the 'setup guide'

Not a Clio
I'm still waiting for this, they're rolling it out very slowly so not all gmail users have it yet.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You have to have your interface set to US english too. (in the web app)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope, i use BB connect client for UIQ3

I love you more tightbrown!

F1 - R26
Blackberry FTW though Tom and you know that. Another pretender to the throne ;)

While taking a dump I was reading the new version of Windows Mobile due out next year will be compatible with Active Directory

This is true, it's in beta at the mo