ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glaze's HELP

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Im guessing itll be Rich with the answer but hey! lol ;)

Never used a glaze but im guessing using it after final polish?

Also which one? personal reccomendations? using on vag 'deep pearl blue'

Cheers

Pete

106 GTi
Indded - The Glaze sits after polsihing before waxing. Most give good results, main thing to remember most dont allow sealants to bond properly to the paint, and in some cases sealants won't work at all over them.

Best looking one is Meguiars 7 Show Car Glaze but it is probably the hardest one to use.

The Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze is my favorite one, works great by hand and PC and cleans up the paint really nicely (not a true pure glaze). If you want one that is more of a pure glaze that works well be machine try the Clearkote Red Machine Glaze. I tend to double up with both the above when I uses glazes.

I also have some Prima Amigo Glaze from Alex at Serious Performance that should allow sealants to bond to it, but not tried it yet.

I have an affinty to the Chemical Guy's EZ-Glaze, as this is actually two products in one, its a glaze and acrylic sealant, giving the wet glaze look while also adding a thin coat of sealant, which also gives a great base for dedicated sealants to be added to.

As a pure glaze the Megs #7 is hard to beat.

RB 182
Do you still put a sealant or wax on after the EZ-Glaze out of interest? I did last time just wondered if do.

I have done both sealant then wax and just wax on top of EZ-Glaze both worked very well, though i do prefer to add more sealant just to add even more protection, followed by a good carnauba wax for warmth and finish