ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glass sealants

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at a glass sealant (preferably a kit), and I am currently looking at the Gtechniq range and the Nanolex range.

The Nanonlex kit on Polished Bliss is £29 more expensive than the GTechniq kit on Clean Your Car.

Has anyone used both kits? If so, is there any difference? I know that many people on here use the GTechniq stuff, so this is what I am leaning towards.

Any tips for ease of application? I assume that a full decontamination of the glass is a must.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
The nanolex kit is brilliant. Dont apply with foam pads otherwise ull ruin then. Use a cotton pad

Go for nanolex urban glass

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nanolex Ultra was immense but G1 price is hard to beat. 3 layers and wiper proof. Try fitting new wipers at the same time if your ones are prety done as it can ruin the sealant with crap wipers.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Is the price difference between Nanolex and G1 that noticeable when it comes to product use in terms of application, results and durability?

I've used both professionally (Nanolex approved) and much prefer the application, performance and durability of Gtechniq G1 tbh.
If your only doing a couple of cars with it, then the 15ml kit with G1 & G2 (isopropanol) will be plenty. The key is to hold the make-up pad over the lid and shake-upwards gently, this will give enough product and avoids any wastage, same goes for the G2 remover with a couple of dabs on a microfibre.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The nanolex sealant works well, but not sure how long it lasts for. But you will get multiple applications from it

G1 is pure and simply the benchmark glass sealant. Some experience wiper judder but this is doesn't to user error in application. Problem is you won't know you've done it wrong till you next use your wipers. On a Clio, expect 3, maybe maybe 3 cars and another half car from the 10/15ml. I used a little under half the bottle of it on the Mrs A4 estate

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
G1 ftw too, I ordered 15ml and got both 15ml and 100ml in the post - worth!
What, a bottle of 15 and a bottle of 100, both G1? The kit does include 100ml of G4. Jackpot if they accidentally did that.

I really am far more excited than I should be. I know what it was like the last time - properly good.

What, a bottle of 15 and a bottle of 100, both G1? The kit does include 100ml of G4. Jackpot if they accidentally did that.

I really am far more excited than I should be. I know what it was like the last time - properly good.
Yep,

Ordered 1 kit (g1 + g4 iirc) of the 15ml variant, got a 15ml and 100ml kit (so 2x 100ml g4 and 15ml + 100ml of g1) :smiley:

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the replies.

I've gone for G5 just to see me through the winter, as I doubt I will get a good enough day to apply G1 this side of Christmas. Will try G1 in the Spring.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I just use G5 all the time, I find it great.

1 coat on side windows, 2 on rear and 3 on windscreen. The side coatings easily last over 6 month. The front lasts at least 3 month generally. And it takes 2 minutes to re apply it.