ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glass head light restore

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite a Clio but has anyone restored glass head lights? The ones on my E34 are a little dull and new ones are rare and expensive so was going to polish them up. Before I possibly waste my money on some smaller heads for my DA polisher is there anything better? Something like the 3M kit I’ve used several times on Clio headlights. Was just going to use the polisher to buff them back up. Currently doing it by hand but sure it could be better.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think the kits are meant for plastic headlamps only. I know you can get abrasive polish for glass but can't remember what it's called?. Try asking in the detailing thread too.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Not quite a Clio but has anyone restored glass head lights? The ones on my E34 are a little dull and new ones are rare and expensive so was going to polish them up. Before I possibly waste my money on some smaller heads for my DA polisher is there anything better? Something like the 3M kit I’ve used several times on Clio headlights. Was just going to use the polisher to buff them back up. Currently doing it by hand but sure it could be better.
Just remove them and machine them?