ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Giving a dog a new home.

2004 172 cup
After a year away from my 172 cup I decided it was time to get myself a toy. After a few weeks of searching I put a cheeky low bid on a 51 plate 172 and to my surprise I won.
I picked the car up a few days ago and she was in a sorry state to say the least, it had been parked under a tree for God knows how long there was enough water inside to take my fish for a drive and it smelt like a tramps ball bag, even with all this I saw the potential in the old girl there was history from a previous owner adding up to around 4 grand so at one point she was cared for
the next morning I took a few pics
e3u8evez.jpg

On the whole the body was good unfortunately that's the only positive.

The interior was abysmal

y6esybe2.jpg

gumany7a.jpg

I set about finding the cause of the lake under the seats

y4a5yza4.jpg

On removing the scuttle and a few other bits I found this

ha4uhahu.jpg

I'm sure there was half a tree down there it took an age to get it all out.

I then decided to gut the interior after removing the carpet the smell from the sponge was unbearable it stank of rotten egg so it got binned and I mopped up the rest of the water. My apprentice then spent the day cleaning the inside and after a gallon of big orange the car now smells citrus fresh.

I took a few more pics before I changed the springs for a set of apex 40mm springs I already had, glad I did too as the passenger front spring had snapped.

huvenega.jpg

syvuquta.jpg

Today I decided to dust off the pressure washer and have a go at sorting the carpets

Before

2yreme8a.jpg

ypu8eqy7.jpg

After 3 washes and alot of scrubbing they came up well.

I'm pleased with the progress so far but still have a whole lot to do.

I've noticed the dephaser is abit loud so I'm going to swap out the engine as I can do it myself.

I've noticed alot of little electrical gremlins popping up I believe to be down to bad earth's after being sat for so long well that's what I'm hoping.

More pics to come
Any comments good bad or ugly welcome.