ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting VW centre bore to fit Renault

Trophy 373
I am looking at a set of wheels that are VW fitment (4x100, 57.1 centre)

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get these to fit ? H+R do 20mm adaptors but for all four wheel is going to cost about £210, would i be able to get the bores machined out for less than that ? or is there another way ?

Black Clio GT
you need to get the wheel center bore to 60.1 prob cheaper to get a machine shop to do it if the offset is correct, if its not the adaptors is the way to go to get the et towards the standard renault wheels, also depends on what suspension drop you have/may want in the future..........

where you located??

Trophy 373
Yeh the offset is et 33 which is already going to come out quite a bit as its on a trophy which is et 43. Adding the 20mm spacer to that will cause me problems.

They are BBS RM wheels, a lot will probs say not because turinis are almighty but after seeing a set with red centres and chrome lip i think it will look the nuts.

I am in slough so if anyone knows a decent machine shop that could do that in my area that would be great.

Last edited:
  Black Clio GT
yeah need to take 3mm of the center bore at a machine shop. adding 20mm spacers will make it et 13 which will look w**k if youve got standard height trophy springs.

what lip width are the dishes??

Trophy 373
I will be putting new lips on and as yet haven't decided which width to go for. Possibly 3 inch for the rears and a smaller maybe 1.5 or 2 at the front.

Was considering putting the mark fish lowering springs on too if i can get hold of some to make the wheels fill the arches a bit more.

ValverInBits
machine shop may be able to sort you. It's not a very uncommon request. your going 57.1 > 60.1

Black Clio GT
3" lips make them a 9" wheel i think (could be wrong) which may cause probs you will need camber/spacers....

2" all round will be best for looks/practically if you want to go lower in the future......
just imo of course.........

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
machine shop will beable to do it. i got my adapters sorted for £10 each. just a rough guide shouldnt be much more per wheel

Trophy 373
like the sound of £10 a corner :) and i think i will measure the arch gap with the 1 inch lips they have already and see what is possible once the centre bore is sorted.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
unlucky. its was the place we send oh cylinder heads to get skinned

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
et 33 + 3" dish will make it a negative offset and the ET is calculated from the barell side, plus 3" dishs alone will cost u a pretty penny,

probably looking at a 2k set of wheels by the time you have finished faffing